Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain PAC code

disgruntled123
Hooked

Unable to obtain PAC code

Hello

Using this as a last resort.  I'm posting on behalf of my mother who is a pensioner.  We have been trying for over a month now to obtain a PAC code for her so she can keep her number after leaving Plusnet.  We have been told numerous times it is a manual process and a request to the operations team which can take 5 days.  We have requested this to be done a number of times.  No one has contacted us to say the issue is resolved.  I'm hoping a moderator or staff member can PM me to help try and resolve this issue.  

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Unable to obtain PAC code

@disgruntled123 

txting PAC to 65075  from the mobile in question should return your pac code instantly

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Indeed.

New rules came into force in July to make switching easier

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/text-to-switch-simple-to-switch-mobile...

disgruntled123
Hooked

Hi @MisterW  and @DaveyH , we have done the more times than I care to remember.  Each time getting a response back of "Sorry, an error occurred fetching your switching information.  Please contact us on 500 for an alternative way to access this information"

and everytime we phone up they still can't do it. They have a problem with their system that seemingly no-one we speak to can do anything about and we get sent from pillar to post

So the text message service has not worked for us

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @disgruntled123

I'm really sorry to hear about this. If there is an ongoing system issue there isn't much we can do from our end sadly. However, can you confirm if you have requested to speak to management when dialling 500 and speaking to our Mobile team directly? 

Usually, and escalation should have been sent off to the back end Operations team to investigate. This does take up to 5 working days for a response though. 

Kind Regards

disgruntled123
Hooked

HI @OllieC bearing in mind we have been trying for about a month, yes I have asked to speak to management (none available).  Each person we have spoken to has sent something off to the operations team, and nothing has happened.  and each time has been well over 5 days.  Surely a system issue doesnt last a month?  Surely since we have started trying, at least 1 person has managed to leave plusnet with a PAC code?

@OllieC if I PM'd you some details, would you please be able to investigate? 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @disgruntled123

Please feel free to send a PM and I will get back to you accordingly. 

We would need to pass security so I can investigate your account and provide updates. 

Please PM your:

Full Name:

Address:

Postcode:

Mobile Number:

Confirm you are the account holder: 

Kind Regards

disgruntled123
Hooked

thanks @OllieC  I have PM'd you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Morning @disgruntled123 

I'm sorry for the issues your mother has had getting a PAC to move her mobile number away.

We've had a reply back from our mobile operations team to advise that our suppliers had manually generated the PAC. As I believe @OllieC is working a late shift this week, I'm happy to call her back sooner to provide this.

I can see the messages you've sent him including her contact numbers, would there be a good time for me to ring?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disgruntled123
Hooked

Good morning @Gandalf , I have sent you a couple of PMs within the past few minutes.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks @disgruntled123 I've messaged you back Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet