Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls out, receiving calls sporadic

Mando2022
Hooked

Unable to make calls out, receiving calls sporadic

Hello

I am a new user, less than week and I have had little or no service.  When I try ot make calls out there is no ringtone, it says calling then call ended after a short time.  Sometimes is shows 'not registered on network' sometimes it doesn't.   When receiving calls I answer cannot hear the person on the other end and then see call ended and again sometimes 'not registered on network again'.  Text messaging is fine.

Been through troubleshooting, turning off and on again, sim in and out etc.  Still no ring out sound or connection.

The only solution I am given on the app is to call but even calling 500 and 0800 number I cannot connect, I am suprised theres no live chat either - I am within the cool off period so if I cannot resolve soon I will cancel as I have no time for a flakey service.

Look forward to hearing from you very soon.

12 REPLIES 12
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unable to make calls out, receiving calls sporadic

Welcome to the Forum,

Just a thought have you reset the phones APN setting see below and make sure you save any new setting

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Mando2022
Hooked

Thank you, I have done this but when I got to select the radio button it is faded out so I cannot select it. Instead I selected a network available as Plusnet which says only LTE/3G/2G available which tally with what I read that PlusNet do not support 800MHz band which allows 4G – is that right? Had I known there isn’t 4G available I would not have selected PlusNet.

I live and work in a building with thick walls so need the stronger signal.

Obviously I don't want to cancel the contract but I think I may have to given this information.

Thank you.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

PlusNet does use 4G my phone is on it now I have no problem with the signal

What happens outside 

Are sure your phone is unlocked

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@Mando2022 Plusnet uses EE network and claims to have best 4g service out there, it's stated in the PN Mobile website

Mando2022
Hooked

Hi there - I am pretty sure its unlocked as  have sucessfully made a couple of calls and am getting texts.  Previous supplier was EE and I had no issues with them inside or outside.   There seems to be no difference in or out, I answered a call this morning outside but couldn't hear the person on the end of the phone then it just said the network/call ended message again.  Same caller tried again as I had moved inside and I was able to answer and hear - like I say sporadic.   Calling out is more or an issue anywhere I cannot get it to work.  Just tried again, no calling tone, call ended then said 'Selected provider PlusNet service not available' thats a new message.

Mando2022
Hooked

@Longliner Thanks for clearing that up, still doesn't fix my problem though.  All the best.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

PlusNet do not support 800MHz band which allows 4G – is that right? Had I known there isn’t 4G available 

Whilst plusnet do not have access to the ee 800mhz band there are other bands which provide 4g(lte) which they do have access to. However currently they do not support VoLTE  and so to make or receive calls you need 3g coverage. It sounds like internal 3g coverage is not very good at your location

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mando2022
Hooked

Thanks - I had no problem with my previous provider, not changed how I am using the phone so I guess I will have to bail the contract and go back to EE, not sure how I can contact customer services whan I cannot make a call though.  Are there any other channels of communication? Is there an email address?  I don't have another phone at my disposal unfortunately.

Thank you

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Plusnet help team staff do monitor this Forum. If they're busy it can take a while but I'm sure they will respond shortly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@Mando2022 I had the same problem when I discovered that Vodafone has a huge blank spot covering most of our town! Just remember that your 14-day cooling-off period begins on the day you signed up, don't wait too long. 

Mike

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Potentially interesting. I quite recently had to enable Volte on a phobile moan in order for it to make any connection (voice or data). Which is (as you could imagine) a little inconvenient. That phobile was on the EE network but was not supplied or provisioned by PN.

The coverage maps of 3g/4g aren't that accurate (IMO).

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hiya @Mando2022

I'm really sorry you are having an issue with your signal, I can appreciate the hassle this is causing and I really would like to look into that for you. 

I'm sorry you are thinking of leaving us, you can do this by following the steps outlined here. I do hope you will change your mind and PM me your mobile number and full name. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team