FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

Hi Jakub,

I'm really sorry that you've had issues getting 4G roaming too. Sad

Would you be able to PM me the following details here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile-Tech-Help/Unable-to-access-4G-services-whilst-roaming/m-p/18715... so I can get it added to the investigation? 

If you're not able to PM, let us know and @JonoH should be able to gift you the permission. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JakubJakub

I can't seem to be able to send you a DM ( or don't know where to find it 😅)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You should be able to PM now. Our resident forum dev has kindly gifted you the permission. Smiley

You'll just need to go into my profile by clicking on "Gandalf" then you'll see a button "Send Private Message"

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JakubJakub

Thanks. Just done that.
JakubJakub

I just came back and couldn't get any internet along the way ( even in Belgium or France).

Now in UK I can only choose plusnet as my network and I only get 3g coverage despite living in a good 4g area. I used to be able to get amongs other 4gEE network to select and thus force it be on 4g , but not any more .. any thoughts?
tattycakes

I’m currently roaming in Norway and all I get is edge (2G). It’s totally unusable, can’t even get a webpage up. My partner gets perfectly usable 4g on Vodafone which thankfully I can hotspot from. I had the exact same problem in the centre of Berlin where he got 5g and I was stuck on “E”! If this doesn’t get resolved I’m changing networks because this is unusable and unacceptable. It’s not roaming like at home, it’s roaming like its 1998! I got better service on WAP!

I’m here until Friday so I can share details if needed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@JakubJakub, Sorry for the delay. I wasn't in the office over the weekend and it looks like we were thin on the ground. I've passed the detail you've given across to our second line support team to help with the investigation.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know. Really sorry for the issues you've had while you were away. Incidentally, I'm off to Belgium in August, so it'd be interesting to see if I get 4G. 

@tattycakes, Really sorry for the problems and I hope you're having a good time in Norway nonetheless. Can you PM me the details from here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile-Tech-Help/Unable-to-access-4G-services-whilst-roaming/m-p/18715... so I can raise it with the right people? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hokers
Dabbler

Same issue for me last weekend in Germany, will PM details.

Account ref/mobile number: in PM

Dates you were away: 27/05 - 29/05

Issue that occurred: No higher than E/2G available

Make and model of handset: iPhone 13 mini

Software version: iOS 15.4.1

edit: No permission to send PM - can someone do the honours please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @hokers, you need to make at least 3 posts to send a PM. Feel free to message me when you're able to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hokers
Dabbler

Well here I go spamming the thread to reach the post threshold in that case.

hokers
Dabbler

Apologies in advance.

bestregards

We have the same problem. My wife and I drove to Italy at Easter and came back last week, we both have iphone 7, both using plusnet and the settings are the same. Wherever we went the phones automatically connected to the same network but every time mine was 4g whilst my wife's was 3g. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @bestregards, I'm sorry that's been an issue for you too. Could you PM me with your full name and mobile number too please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@bestregards 

Might you share the first 5 digits of the phone numbers here please?  It would be interesting to see who are the original network owners for each - the same or different?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bestregards

The number that gets 4g is 07460 and the one that gets 3g starts with 07415