Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

@BullyBeef wrote:

Try this to find out where your number was originally issued to. 

It you have had a problem over the past 24 hours the answer is probably brightly coloured!

https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/guides/network-checker

Excellent, cheers. Just coming up to 17 years according to that which I wouldn't have guessed at anywhere near or is that when Orange reserved it?

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@Philistine wrote:

Thanks once again BullyBeef. You are spot on with that link. My number issued Feb1999 to me! and this the first time I've changed mobile service provider!

PS Still not back on in Horsham.

Hmm, mine says Feb 1999 too, coincidence?

BullyBeef
Hooked

The date will be when the block of numbers were initially allocated by Ofcom to a mobile service provider.  My number is from 1997. 

The provider that the block of numbers were issued to then has a perpetual responsibility to hold the pointer records for that number so that the mobile networks know where to route calls and texts to.

Hope this helps.

Philistine
Hooked

Looks like Feb 1999 was the date when Orange reserved the number. I purchase a Nokia NK402 and a Just Talk Pack with my current (only) number in September 1999 from Carphone Warehouse

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Ahh, of course. I've just tried the one issued by PN to me and it comes back as Orange back in Nov 2009 so it must be a regurgitated number which makes that website less useful than it first seems.

silverage
Dabbler

Just been out and about and it looks like I spoke too soon about the service being back. Got voice and texts, but no mobile data (yet).

Royal
Dabbler

If you have voice, texts but no data it is always worth checking the APN settings. When Life Mobile changed to PS mobile they emailed suggesting a reboot to get PN in the status bar. Yes it did, but it destroyed all my APN settings that I had to re-enter manually.
silverage
Dabbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @silverage

You can't enter the APN settings manually, however you can reset them which usually reconnects you to the correct network. 

Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Let me know if it works Smiley 

silverage
Dabbler

Ok - I'm going in ....

silverage
Dabbler

Didn't work. Just got the signal strength blobs and "plusnet". No 3G or E for data.

Skoosh
Dabbler

Still no service at all for me. What a pita.

silverage
Dabbler

Should my data have come back with my voice and texts or is it possible that it may come back later? I would have expected it all to come back at the same time really. Getting a bit tired of this now.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Perhaps you can still change them by accessing the following website via the iPhone in question on WiFi. I've not used them myself btw.

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

TheWhiphound

No signal for me yet...

My number was originally registered with vodafone, ported to EE, and then to Plusnet.