Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
tismetoo
Dabbler

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

Ashleigh,

That sounds like good news - as others have mentioned, it would be nice to know what the problem was (even if you have to be "politically correct")

I worked for BT for a long time in Customer Services (now retired Smiley) and I know the kind of issues that can crop up between different parts of an organisation (and even 3rd party vendors).

Appreciate that Plusnet may be relatively new to the mobile game but BT has a lot of experience in this area so perhaps some lessons may have been shared?

Anyway, thank you for the update. Thumbs_Up

silverage
Dabbler

Any one back on yet?

milos71
Dabbler

Have rebooted phone and I appear to be back on.

Did DM one of the staff who frequent these forums and they advised should be fixed by end of day today (23:59).

silverage
Dabbler

Didn't realise it needed a reboot. Just done mine, but no joy.

silverage
Dabbler

Nope - tell a lie. After a reboot and a minute of "No Service", "plusnet" has now reappeared. 

BullyBeef
Hooked

Hi Folks,

I did get a response back from the CEO and have spoken with the complaints team. 

It seems the problem affected people whose numbers were originally with (i.e. first issued by Ofcom to) one part of what is now the EE network.  Its doesn't matter if you ported in from a non EE network but if your number was originally with a particular bit of what is now EE.

For the technical readers I think it is the box which holds the source record for the number and tells the mobile networks where to direct the call to - i.e. which network and SIM you are actually on now.

My number is not back on yet - but should be in the next few hours.

I have discussed with PlusNet the absence of information and updates.  Its clear they are working on integrating Life Mobile into PlusNet and plan to have information on the PlusNet service status pages - but don't yet.  They are learning from the issue and customer services agreed that they need to get suitable information and updates out to those affected by issues.

Hope this helps.  I guess if you don't get re-connected by later this evening give them another call. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Damn, I've only just realised after your post that my number originated (I think) with Asda mobile.

Philistine
Hooked

Thanks for the update BullyBeef. Not yet back up in Horsham, West Sussex, although my phone now says "plusnet 4G" rather than "No Service" but there is still no signal strength indication. I'll just re-boot from time to time until it's back up.

It certainley would be good if plusnet, in time, provide some sort of mobile service status information. All in time hope.

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

After reboot I have signal now and can call and I am assuming text but I have no data connection.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

I was going to say I've got an exclamation mark next to the signal indicator but it's gone and I've got gmail notification about new emails, all from here ironically enough.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Colin_Maybe wrote:

Damn, I've only just realised after your post that my number originated (I think) with Asda mobile.

It will depend on when you bought your Asda SIM as ASDA have used 2 different networks over the years.

Asda Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in the United Kingdom, operated by Asda, using the EE network. Asda Mobile previously used the Vodafone network until December 2013.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Colin_Maybe
Pro

Definitely EE as you can't get a Vodafone signal around here and never have (nor 3). I started on T-Mobile (on a different number), then moved to Asda Mobile, O2 and Giffgaff and now on PN.

EE or O2 only here.

tismetoo
Dabbler

Asda sim only a couple of weeks back (actually when I changed to Plusnet) - I have a spare old phone (Nokia 6310i) that I keep for when the world comes to an end and all this modern technology falls apart Wink It's on EE

BullyBeef
Hooked

Try this to find out where your number was originally issued to. 

It you have had a problem over the past 24 hours the answer is probably brightly coloured!

https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/guides/network-checker

Philistine
Hooked

Thanks once again BullyBeef. You are spot on with that link. My number issued Feb1999 to me! and this the first time I've changed mobile service provider!

PS Still not back on in Horsham.