cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Simcard sent to me doesn't fit my phone.

jayelbee123

The Simcard sent to me doesn't fit my phone.

I bought a new phone and on impulse decided to switch to a Plus Net mobile account. My Simcard arrived this morning and it doesn't fit my new Phone Glaxy 21. I am helpless without my phone. I can't phone customer services (my landline has been out of order for ages and as I don't use it have never bothered to get it sorted) and don't have a usable Twitter account. Please help, thanks very much.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

Re: The Simcard sent to me doesn't fit my phone.

The sim cards are 'three in one' , Standard , Micro & Nano . You just press out the size of sim you need.

it doesn't fit my new Phone Glaxy 21

If that is an S21 , then it uses a nano sim.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-install-a-sim-card-in-my-galaxy-s21/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@jayelbee123 The card you received is a 3-in-1. It is a standard card, but can be carefully broken down to a micro or nano one.

@MisterW  - snap!😉

John
jayelbee123

This is SOooo embarassing. As soon as I posted that message I had another go at the sim card and bingo - the smaller sim card fell out. Very red faced over this... Thanks for all the helpful replies. I imagine this gave a few people some giggles - I would! 

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Easily done. Some of us oldies are still on standard size SIMs so we're glad they are still available. Also, mine is bigger than yours 😏

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Longliner wrote:

mine is bigger than yours 😏

I still have a couple of the credit card sized SIM's.

On the subject of standard SIM's (one piece) I recently found Tesco had a good service where they would supply a new multi size SIM (same number) so you could use a newer phone.