cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spusu - Anybody heard of this network or tried it?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Spusu - Anybody heard of this network or tried it?

"I would be interested to hear if anybody has tried it on an "unsupported" device."

Yes, two, 1. Poco(Xiaomi)X5 Pro 5G and a Motorola G84 5G. (Both Android 13).

With the spusu s.i.m. inserted in each phone the option for WiFi calling wasn't in settings. When contacted I was referred to their F.A.Q.s and told Samsung and fruity phones only with no plans to extend to others.

I think they should make it more prominent or even state the limitation when WiFi Calling is selected on their homepage after "supported on all spusu plans".

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

Imy partner and I have both just joined (he has an iPhone 12 and I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max).
He has found it clunky but mainly works - WiFi calling keeps turning off and ordinary text messages don’t always work. Other than that it’s ok.

I can’t get either the eSIM or SIM card (tried both) to work with mine. I can call and text when I have signal but no data roaming.
I live in a place with no mobile signal at all so dependant on wifi for everything.
The customer service has been exceptional- they have been trying to get me connected for two days and respond to messages within minutes.
Just waiting for the 24 hours activation period to pass to see if Apple allows it to work. If not I will sadly have to switch
I’m on my second SIM card too in case the first was faulty.
I’d really like to see them sort this out as they seem to be a really good company.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Emmybarnes4 

Have you checked your APN settings? Mine on an iPhone 11 are:

Mobile data: web

LTE Setup: web
MMS:  no entry, left blank

Personal Hotspot: web

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

Hi Baldrick1

Mine are set to the same.
I’ve tried everything. I spend over half an hour on the phone going through the settings with customer services. They have run out of options.
They have said it can take Apple up to 24 hours to allow the ‘activation’ process to complete.

When I go into IMessage the spinning cog is next to my phone number. It does allow me to place a tick by my email.

I don’t understand why my partners phone works and mine doesn’t?
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Emmybarnes4 

Are both your's and your partner's phones running exactly the same version of the phone's operating system?

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

Ah no!
Mine is 17.3.1, his is 17.4.1

Do you think that’s the problem? I usually receive notifications when it’s due to update?
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Emmybarnes4 

It could be - I don't have an iPhone.

One other thought:

Have you tried swapping the SIM cards between the two phones and seeing if the problem stays with the phone or moves with the SIM card?

That might help to isolate the cause.

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

I’m just updating the software on mine - I’ll try a sim swap when it’s finished.

Thank you for the advice ☺️
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

I'm on 17.3.1 with no option yet to upgrade to 17.4.1. I have my fingers crossed that this isn't the cause of this issue.https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2024/03/23/ios-1741-update-now-warning-issued-to-all-ip...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

Mine was the same - I had to physically check for upgrades, which is unusual. I was then given the option to do so.

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

No joy with either the sim swap or software upgrade. The former suggests the problem lies with my phone settings, I just can’t work out what? 🤷‍♀️
scgf
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Your time and inconvenience has value. Signing up with a network itself rather than an MVNO might cost just a £ or so more but it's so worth it when you get the real deal. I've been guilty of chasing a deal which is a few pounds cheaper then realising it really lacks features. I called EE and got a SIM-only contract of 10GB data and unlimited calls and texts for £10 a month. I could have pushed harder for a bigger discount. I got my fingers burned with Smarty, 1p and Spusu. It's not the CS that's the problem, it's the network offering itself. MVNOs are always lacking compared to their parent operator.

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

I’ve got a temp sim with 1P and it’s been flawless with very good 5G reception (which is sparse in Cornwall,UK). I wanted Spusu as I have family throughout the EU and would be able to call/message them for free (some don’t have smart phones so WhatsApp etc can’t be used)
scgf
Grafter
Fixes: 1

1p and Spusu use the EE network but both are lacking in certain features which you may, or may not, notice - like HD Voice with Spusu, and the lack of conditional forwarding on both. Spusu is most odd in that they only support Samsung or Apple phones. I had a Pixel 8 and didn't even get 5G. So many anomalies. It just isn't worth it - but I do understand your particular needs are catered for with Spusu.

Emmybarnes4
Hooked

Think I’m going to have to give up on it! I’ve wasted so much time trying to sort it out so far and can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Shame, as they had very good offers and excellent customer service