cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short SMS

stevejqr

Short SMS

What a total disaster. Only on my second month, but I am off, wasting my payment and time because of lack of support for this. Had a “suspicious transaction” alert from Barclaycard for a valid transaction, and I now find the reason I could not reply is this crazy Plusnet blocking. I have already wasted an hour talking to Barclaycard support (in Asia, by the sound of it) and that is still not sorted, so more time still to waste. What is really annoying is that I am very happy with Plusnet as an ISP. so, back to GiffGaff and more messing about. Beware, stay clear of Plusnet mobile.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Short SMS

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Introduction to Mobile 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
briston
Aspiring Pro

@stevejqr I found out the hard way about no short SMS. Another thing that non tech savvy mobile customers might not realise is Plusnet do not use the 800mhz channel. You might know Plusnet use the ee network, but not all the available frequencies. It was for these 2 reasons that I moved one of my mobile lines to EE. Just had to replace my phone, they only bounce once in some cases, and my retirement for a grand sum of £219, I buy outright and have sim only contact, I have a 5g phone so it's a no brainer. Plusnet can't supply that.
stevejqr

I'm still on 4G, like you I think that buy outright and SIM only is a no brainer. Can't complain about GiffGaff for 4G SIMs. Funny that Plusnet broadband has pretty good performance and customer service, pity they don't extend it to mobile.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@stevejqr as far as broadband goes Plusnet has problems there at the moment with email down since this morning.