cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAC and PAC. I messed up !

Johnd1881

STAC and PAC. I messed up !

Hi all,
I'm after some advice. I was planning to move my mobile number from Plusnet to EE. Unfortunately I requested a STAC instead of a PAC by accident. Obviously this has not brought my number across over to EE and I'm in a position whereby my old number which I've had for 15 years is now dead. I've called plusnet to explain the situation and tbh they weren't very sympathetic. They've told be the number can't be retrieved although it's still owned by plusnet. I've even said I'd happily rejoin plusnet if I could keep the number but they said that won't be possible as I'd be assigned a random number from the pot.

I've asked them to escalate this internally but they didn't seem that hopeful. I've even sent a grovelling email to Plusnet and BT's CEO for help!

Anyone else got any other suggestions I could try?

Regards
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: STAC and PAC. I messed up !

Hello @Johnd1881

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to read you've had some trouble with the closure of your account and transfer of your number. I apologise if you feel our advisor did not provide the excellent Customer Support we are known for and I can certainly understand your frustration with this. The information you have confirmed in your post is correct in that once an account closes the number cannot be retrieved nor can it be requested should you make a new account even if it stays within our pool of numbers; as you've confirmed that an advisor has sent a request/query internally it can take 5 working days to be answered by our mobile operations team. 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, but I'd like to set expectations that there could be a possibility of not getting this number back for you. Please drop me a PM with the following information so I can locate your account: 

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Thanks. 

Mannyx48

Plusnet and ee are the same network so can ofcom not retain the old number
Johnd1881

Thanks for the reply. Yes, because I used the STAC by accident. However, if I had used a PAC I would of been ok as although they are the same network you can transfer numbers between plusnet, EE and BT .

My mistake in the end I suppose 😒
Johnd1881

Looks like it's a no go with getting the number back from plusnet. I did speak to EE who tbh were very helpful and informed me if the same thing had happened with them at I could've purchased a specific number from them for £86.