cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

TIZCCP

Roaming

As I read my account I have unlimited minutes and roaming is automatically enabled. Roaming means I can make calls when in France for example to the UK or any other EU country as part of my monthly plan - is that right?

So if I'm in the UK and call someone in France is that also roaming, i.e the call is included in my plan or is it an international call which isn't included?

If International calls are not included, how do I bolt them on and/or change plans to include them. I can see lots of extra minute/data options on offer but nothing for international calls.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Roaming

@TIZCCP  Welcome to the Community Forum.

Using your phone abroad is roaming. Making an overseas call when in the UK is, 'making an international call'  See https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/ for call charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TIZCCP

I understand the difference.

But if I'm in France and call Germany that's roaming. If I'm in France and call home that's also roaming.

But if I'm in the UK and call anywhere outside the UK that's international, that's ironic.

I can't buy/find an international call bolt on so if I make calls to the EU they're costing me a small fortune - which seems wrong.

Does Plusnet have an international call package ????

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Welcome to the Forum,

I have just changed  to  Lebara Mobile via Uswitch who are doing a special deal 21GB U/L U/L for £7.95 but at £3.18 for 3 months with no contract and no stupid CPI + 3.9% increases every March/April 

This package comes with 100 International minutes to 42 countries  included and you can have an International call package if needed

I was very impressed with how Lebara dealt with the change over with the PAC code

Take a look see what you think

FF00

Useful information
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@TIZCCP 

I don’t use plusnet mobile but my reading of the contract is that roam like at home is included Hopefully someone will confirm  https://plus.net/mobile  Read the legal bit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Lebara also offer Wifi calling and short codes.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

They use Vodafone which i have found is very good where I live

Also Emoji's are also free/part of the deal my daughter/granddaughter's  are charged still money on EE

Time will tell if I've done well