Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM activation

FIXED
diatomdeb
Grafter

Replacement SIM activation

Hi - I received a replacement SIM last Friday 19th October as my phone had stopped receiving incoming calls. I rang to activate the SIM immediately on receiving it but so far it still hasn't been activated and I have not been able to make or receive calls since last Friday. I've rung several times to ask for an update but nobody seems able to tell me anything. This is quite ridiculous that something very basic that should take 2 hours has so far taken 5 days and still no resolution in sight! Please can someone from Plus Net fix this for me or I will have to go elsewhere simply to get a phone service!

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Replacement SIM activation

Hi @diatomdeb, really sorry for the delayed response here.

I think I've located your account and it looks like this is now active. Are you still experiencing any problems with the new SIM?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
diatomdeb
Grafter

Hi Harry, thank you for checking. It has literally just this minute come back to life after over 2 weeks with no service from Plusnet. How do I go about getting recompense for the time spent without service? One of the agents I spoke to said I would be refunded the month's costs and have my data upgraded to 8GB?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @diatomdeb, Glad to hear its working for you now!

Could you provide details of the call/chat you were advised an upgrade for data - so I can chase it for you as there are no notes on the account suggesting this. I have looked over the account and have added your compensation as a credit on your next bill.

diatomdeb
Grafter

Hi Maddy,

Many thanks for adding the credit to my next bill. To be honest I have made so many calls about this issue over the last 2 weeks that I couldn't tell you who I spoke to on that occasion, but it was someone in customer services, rather than cancellations I think. They offered compensation of a refund for the month's bill plus an upgrade to 8GB data instead of my current 5GB. Thank you for looking into this for me.

Kind regards

Debbie.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Fix

Hello @diatomdeb

I have sent you a private message in response to your query.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to ask by commenting on this thread.

Many thanks,

- Wakas