cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting praise

plutox
Grafter

Porting praise

Because of the quantity of, largely adverse, comments about number porting issues here, I have to place my own experience on record.

I requested a number port mid-morning on Thursday via a call centre operator and was given the ‘two working days’ time scale. “Working days”, I thinks to myself. That means it isn’t going to happen this side of the weekend. Half an hour later I received a text message confirming that it was all going to happen, within two working days.

The following morning at about 10am I lost service on my old SIM but was able to make outgoing calls (albeit not from ‘my’ number) from the Plusnet SIM. 2.30pm saw a text message saying “nearly complete” and when I next checked at about 4pm it was all there, working as it ought.

I have to say that this is the quickest, and least hassle, number port I have ever had.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Porting praise

Hi @plutox

I'm glad to hear your port request has been a seamless transition. I hope you've been enjoying your experience with us so far! Smiley

If you ever have any queries at all; please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help. You can dial 500 from your Plusnet SIM, 0800 0791133 from another line or you can pop up to our Live-Chat Team via https://www.plus.net/mobile/. Our friendly colleagues are always eager to help via the Community too, so feel free to drop one of us a private message!

Welcome to the Plusnet family. -Ashleigh

plutox
Grafter

Re: Porting praise

Although I was amongst the earliest to actually buy the Plusnet SIM, it seemed prudent to hang on until the initial rush had passed before requesting the port. The first month or so was spent doing some occasional testing with a spare phone.

While some of the porting stories posted here sound quite horrific, I don't feel Plusnet has been awfully good at defending its own position. I'm sure that, compared to the couple of dozen very loud, highly justifiable, complaints aired here, thousands of ports – like mine – have gone through quietly and effectively without the need for comment.

Regarding those ports that appear not to have gone so well, Plusnet would do itself a favour were the public policy to be something more than the Stasi-like silence that appears to have shrouded many of the problem ports that have been reported here.