cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting delay query

RobDun

Porting delay query

Hi, new customer here.

Did the porting request when ordering my new Plusnet SIM last week, was informed the completion would be today the 11th, but as of yet no notification of activation. My old SIM (Smarty) ceased functioning today, after inserting the Plusnet SIM into my phone I expected it to have ported over the number but no. I'm ok with a delay as long as it isn't too long. Is there a way to chase this up?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Porting delay query

Hi @RobDun welcome to our Community Forums.

We can't chase up a port unless it's not completed after the day we'd expect it to happen on.

Private message me the following information if you're still having issues tomorrow and we'll be happy to take a look. Smiley

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobDun

Hi, thanks for responding but it's fixed itself in the meantime! So no issues now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to me @RobDun 

Ah no problem, I'm glad to see things are working again now.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

On the occasions I have ported there's always been a delay between losing the old service and the ported number fully transferring to the new provider.

It's adviseable to give it some time and reboot the phone with the new sim inserted.

What Rob experienced is probably quite normal.