Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet issues porting numbers

pieterv
Dabbler

Re: Another porting issue

Hi Gandalf,

I have submitted the info requested through Facebook. Please note there is a second message correction a typo in the number to be ported.

Thanks, Pieter

pieterv
Dabbler

BTW my last message has opened up PM, so if it is easier for you to have the info that way just let me know.

thelank2000
Dabbler

Hi @pieterv
Have you had any success yet?
Regards
Gareth
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@pieterv wrote:

Hi Gandalf,

I have submitted the info requested through Facebook. Please note there is a second message correction a typo in the number to be ported.

Thanks, Pieter

Hi Pieter, 

Cheers, I'll pick it up now and message you back. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
leftfork
Hooked

Re: Plusnet issues porting numbers

OP here.  My old sim has now stopped working.  I can only call out with the new SIM.  Can't receive calls or texts, no mobile data.  It's been 15 days since I was told that my number port would complete soon.  Thank you to @Townman for the insight.  I would like to understand whether this is an issue for the majority of number ports at the moment or whether we are the unlucky few in this process.  Writing to the CEO is a good idea but I will also be posting on a few relevant money saving boards so maybe one person will be aware of the situation with plusnet at the moment.

pieterv
Dabbler

Hi Gareth,
No, still the same.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey all,

I am really sorry for the delayed ports here. We are genuinely actively investigating and working with our suppliers to fix as soon as possible. We've got this logged as an incident which we're tracking every day. 

Can you drop me a private message with the following information? I'll then get it passed across to the number porting team to help with the investigation and they may be able to fix the problem for you sooner. 

Full name:

Porting Number:

Temporary Number:

Long number from SIM (ICCID):

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

You can PM @Gandalf using this link - https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633

You will have needed to make at least 2 (possibly 3) posts on the forum before you send Personal Messages! 🤔

Moderators Note: Corrected link, as requested. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thelank2000
Dabbler

@Townman just a note I was not able to PM until I sent 5 posts. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Posts count - I’ve asked for clarification - I thought 2, I’ve seen 3 and you report 5.

PM for mobile issues (private information) it is somewhat clunky for new users, but it is essential keep spam posters at bay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah @leftfork 

I was going to make the same comment you did, someone mentioned this on another thread and it appeared 5 was the magic number that you'd have to pass before you could PM.

jal238

Hi Gandalf,

I’m new here so cant PM yet, but I’ve just sent over my details through Facebook.

I understand you’re all very busy, please could you have a look when you get chance?

Many thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jal238

Thanks and welcome to our Community Forums. I've seen your Facebook message and I'll reply there shortly.

In the meantime, having a quick look at your account, it looks to be a different issue as your account's stuck in a pending state following activating a replacement SIM, which the relevant team's aware and working to resolve. 

Before we activated the replacement, were you able to make or receive any calls from your original SIM? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
liz08077726
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf ,

I just PM the details to you, please kindly confirm the receipt.