Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

@Protech thanks, it looks like it applies to the promotion. I've had 2x £6 sims with EE since August, no promotion offered, but I'm likely to move to Smarty (mainly because of free EU roaming), if only I had an easy way of comparing their coverage and speeds vs EE. For now no issues with EE, except occassional glitchy website and app.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Protech 

Do you remember if that 50% off promotion was something that you were offered and had to respond to accept, or was it applied automatically?

I moved from Plusnet Mobile to EE, (arranged by Plusnet), on 11th May, and also initially paid £8/month then £6 since the price revision - but don't recall any promotion like that, so maybe only for a select few?

Simon54
Dabbler

@srangeley Too late now but Lebara is cheaper for more data. £5 for 5gb with unlimited mins & texts. And half price for 3 months through uswitch. It's been mentioned on here a few times, got 3 phones with them now and no issues in 3/4 months. 

srangeley
Grafter

@Simon54 

Thanks, but I wanted to stay on the EE signal which limits my options somewhat!

Steven

Simon54
Dabbler

@srangeley  I've found the voda signal better to be honest but it all depends where you are of course Smiley 

srangeley
Grafter

@Simon54 Never tried Vodafone to be honest but always been happy with the EE signal so wanted to stick with it but not get stung by roaming charges and annual price rises!

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@Mr_Paul
The 50% promo was automatically and retrospectively applied on my month 3 bill, an unexpected surprise .

This has given me the opportunity to compare EE and Lebara fully for the last few months and there is not much between them tbh.

EE has more consistent download speeds and slightly better coverage in the areas I've travelled to.
EE support has been good on the couple of times I've needed them.
Can't comment on Lebara support as I've not needed them.
When the EE promo ends I will fully move to Lebara for the occasional times I need EU roaming
Hth
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
srangeley
Grafter

Well my 1pMobile SIM arrived today by 1st class post, activated it and tested fine including a new VoLTE icon which I've never seen before 😊

Just need to arrange the transfer of my number for sometime next week and it's bye bye Plusnet Mobile!

Steven