Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

Simon54
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

@orby 

Cool, will do, thanks 👍 As said, I was just expecting them to go off when the number ported. I've rung plusnet and they said they can see it's in the process of going through and they can't do anything their end, even cancel the pac code etc so it's just a delay somewhere. 

Incidentally, the guy said why didn't I stay with the EE £6 5gb deal - I said because when I looked it was £8. He said, oh, it was but a few people weren't happy so they changed it 🙄 

So, if you are on a 5gb unlimited texts and minute deal that is still available through EE but with the annual cpi plus whatever % increase they decide to add. 

I'm not bothered, I'm not a heavy user and I've been out today in the middle of nowhere at Peckforton & Beeston and had connection/signal issues. It will save me some hassle with my mums sim though Smiley 

simonpplf
Grafter

The deal has gone from eight to six pounds now is it worth hanging on I can't figure out how to switch my plus net in over to my MSE lyca? When I click the 'thinking of leaving' button it says error on web page and sends me a text saying zero cancelation charge but no way to cancel

Simon54
Dabbler

@simonpplf 

I'm still happy I've moved mine even though the EE is now £6 (it was there yesterday) 

No EU roaming is a deal breaker for me anyway despite it now being £6.

lyndonp
Grafter

Does anybody have any feedback or experience on O2? EE is no good for me as no EU roaming (and more expensive)

Via Money Saving Expert and USwitch you can get 15Gb for £7 on O2 which includes 48 Europe countries inculding Switzerland and Monacco which are not normally included.

Strangely it is more expensive direct on the O2 site - would there be any different in service?

For me it gets full 4 bar coverage at home unlike EE only 2 bars and Three is 1 bar (wife is on Smarty) plus has Wi-Fi calling.

It is a 12 month contract and not 30 days and will increase by RPI plus the usual % increase etc. as most do but I would be prepared to go for a 12 month contract if it is OK.

Just seems a good deal.

I must say I am really sorry Plusnet is closing their mobile contracts as I have been with them 4 years and found their customer service second to none. EE isn't the best coverage at home, a bit iffy, (I am in an urban environment so would expect better) but abroad it has worked brilliantly these last couple of years in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Holland, Denmark and Sweden without any other charges (I turned it off in Monacco as I don't think that was covered)

simonpplf
Grafter

I've got a an O2 pay as you go which I don't think you can get anymore, They are better than Vodafone in my opinion who switched their one account to a measly 50 megabytes after publicizing their 500 megabytes for a pound a day for years

I'm having dreadful problems registering my new Lyca sim To an existing account unlike Lebara they don't immediately cancel numbers which don't have any plan All this mucking around and battling with dreadful websites and apps is what will ultimately save some money I guess

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Has anyone gone for a Lyca uSwitch deal? How's the coverage, do they use full spectrum EE network? Can I order more than 1 sim through uSwitch?

Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Does anybody have any feedback or experience on O2?

I switched from Plusnet to Virgin Mobile a few months ago and that's become O2. No problems at all, unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data for £5.95 a month.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@simonpplf wrote:

The deal has gone from eight to six pounds now is it worth hanging on I can't figure out how to switch my plus net in over to my MSE lyca? When I click the 'thinking of leaving' button it says error on web page and sends me a text saying zero cancelation charge but no way to cancel

If you want to transfer your PNet mobile number to a Lyca account you need a PAC number to get this Text PAC to 65075 from your PNet mobile.

You then fill the Lyca form see below or call them 322 from the Lyca phone and everything will be transfered you don't need to speak to anyone

Good luck

https://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/help/port-sim-2/

simonpplf
Grafter

I don't know how they manage to make a form confusing look at the state of it, I've managed to register now, the date selector has an invisible okay button, Incredible  whaton earth is the 'new number'

Screenshot_20230721-144112_Chrome.jpg

cactusj1
Dabbler

Hi everyone, I have just taken advantage of the transfer to EE offer. I have selected a package with EE and received a confirmation of my order. I used a PAC code and entered this at the EE checkout process, in order to keep my number. The EE order confirmation email says my number will be ported over within 24 hours.
I haven't received my EE Sim yet - I assume it will take a few days to arrive. I am now worried that I will lose access to my Plusnet number / account before the EE Sim arrives (especially after reading comments in this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Migration-to-EE-My-Plusnet-service-switched-off-before-EE-SIM/t... )

Is there something I need to do, in order to make sure my Plusnet service remains usable, until the EE Sim arrives?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, it has been a long time  since I have moved to another provider - so my knowledge is lacking.
Simon54
Dabbler

Hi all, just to update  - checked my plusnet account online this morning and it's all closed, no plan in place, 0 minutes to use etc so it was all finalised yesterday I guess. 

Thanks to those that gave me advice on here, much appreciated. Hope anyone else has a problem free switch away and again, sorry I've had to leave Plusnet, it was a great service while it lasted. 

Simon54
Dabbler

@cactusj 

I'm no expert but any previous switch I've done I've had the new sim first. I've had to use the new number temporarily and completed the number transfer with the pac code at that stage. 

I'd guess nothing can be done either end at the moment as you have no sim and no number to port to - hope that's the case. 

cactusj1
Dabbler

I rang Plusnet customer services, and was told that I will not lose access to my Plusnet services whilst waiting for the EE Sim Card. They reckon the EE Sim card will arrive on Monday, hmmm.

They said the EE sim card needs to be inserted in my phone first, and then the switchover will happen. Until then, I was told my Plusnet SIM will work. I referenced what others have  said on the forum, but the customer services team is not aware of what happens here

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

The instructions I was given when I migrated to EE in early May, and worked for me, were to put the EE SIM in as soon as it arrived and wait for the phone to register on the EE network, (this will start the number porting process).

At this stage the EE SIM will fully work, but with a different number.

To maintain the original number until it ports to EE, remove that SIM and re-insert the Plusnet one. Keep using this until it stops working - in my case, a couple of days. Once it stops working, replace the PN SIM with the EE one, and you should now have full EE service, with your original ported number.

cactusj1
Dabbler

@Mr_Paul  Thank you for these instructions. Much appreciated. 
Gives me some peace of mind. 🙂