Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported and now can't receive calls

zAndy1
Dabbler

Number ported and now can't receive calls

Hi,
I had a number ported to Plusnet from Giffgaff on Tuesday 19/11 and since then I cannot receive calls on that ported number. I can make calls, send and receive texts and mobile data is working but nobody is able to call the number. If I ring the number from a landline it says 'this number is not accepting calls at present', if I call from a mobile I just get silence for a couple of seconds and then the call ends. I've tried resetting network settings (it's an iPhone 11), taken the sim out and put it back in again and restarted the phone and it's still the same. This is actually my wife's phone and number and believe you me she's not happy right now so I would appreciate some help to get this working asap

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Number ported and now can't receive calls

Hi @zAndy1, I'm really sorry for the issues that are being experienced with the service since the port.

Does this issue occur if the SIM us used in another phone?

Can you please send us a PM with the following details so we can get the ball rolling in investigating this for you:

- The mobile number in question

- Your full name and address including postcode

- Are you the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
zAndy1
Dabbler

Hi,
I've sent a PM and I have now checked and can confirm I get the same problem when I put the sim in my own phone (hauwei mate 20 pro) , unable to ring the number and get 'this number is not accepting calls at present'

Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @zAndy1

We've just responded to your PM asking for some more info.

Let us know once you've responded

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zAndy1
Dabbler

I've replied to the PM

Thanks
zAndy1
Dabbler

Can somebody please confirm that this is being looked into as a matter of urgency? Being uncontactable on mobile is far from ideal and even more so right now from my wife's point of view as her mobile number is on lots of advertising promotions for the Xmas panto my wife's amateur drama group are putting on in 2 weeks and people will be trying to ring to book tickets so this could inevitably result in a loss of ticket sales. Right now I'm tempted just to get a PAC and go elsewhere at least I know she should have a working number again in a day or two...
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @zAndy1,

I've just sent you a PM. I'm trying to get this resolved for you but we just need to confirm something. As soon as we have that I can raise it with the Mobile Ops team to get the matter fixed. 

zAndy1
Dabbler

I've replied to your PM with the PAC code

Thanks
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Thanks @zAndy1,

I've sent off that webform now. We'll let you know as soon as we have something back for you. 

zAndy1
Dabbler

Any update at all please?
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @zAndy1

I'm really sorry but it takes 3-5 working days for a response when sending web forms to our operations team. 

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

zAndy1
Dabbler

Ok but as I mentioned in PM the 14 day cooling off period expires tomorrow so if there's no sign of any update by lunchtime at the latest I'll be using my PAC and cancelling. It's simply not good enough to be uncontactable for this long so I hope you can understand that while I've got the opportunity to 'escape' I'm going to take it if it's not resolved by tomorrow. I'm not taking the risk of this dragging on for ages and being committed to 30 days
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @zAndy1,

I can certainly understand your perspective, I have now sent across a chase email to our operations team to check for any updates on this for you.

Thanks.

zAndy1
Dabbler

Just an update, I've used my PAC and transferred the number to Voxi and it's working fine so no need to take any further action on this.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's great news @zAndy1.

Please let us know if anything else comes up and we'll be happy to help.