cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port not completed

BobRock
Dabbler

Number port not completed

Hi all, I had a number that was supposed to port to Plusnet yesterday but it hasn't happened.  Old SIM has stopped working, so I presume the ball is rolling?  I have three other Plusnet SIMs and never had a problem porting these.  

13 REPLIES 13
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Number port not completed

Hi there, apologies firstly for the delayed response and the problem with your port.

Are you still having issues? If so could you PM me your mobile number and full name? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KalHylton

I was without my number at all as they Ported me before I had received my SIM, didn’t take into account postal strikes
BobRock
Dabbler

It was my bad in the end, turns out I requested a STAC instead of a PAC.  Oops!

Bobzilla
Hooked

Hi, I joined on September 6, and requested that my number was ported from EE. My number has not been ported, and although the call center staff are pleasant, it's clear that they don't have any information and can't help.

I've had my number for nearly 20 years, and it's incredibly important to me; it's my emergency contact for all sorts of things (including my kids' school and nursery), it's the number I use for verification to access banking and HMRC services, it's the number for countless online accounts. In short, I really need that number ported!

Most of all, I need to know what on Earth is going on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Bobzilla,

I'm really sorry for the delay with porting your number across to us. I definitely appreciate how important it is especially if you've had your number for so long and use it for so many services. Can you private message me the temporary number we've given you and your full name so I can take a closer look? You may need to post twice more before you can PM. 

@BobRock, oops indeed. Depending on how badly you want your previous mobile number, try asking your previous provider to reactivate the number for you as it might be possible although I obviously can't guarantee they'd be able to. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bobzilla
Hooked

Hi Gandalf, thanks for offering to look into this for me. I'll PM you once I've posted again!

Bobzilla
Hooked

Hi BobRock, I think there's a grace period (30 days maybe?) before a number is reallocated, so although there isn't a formal process to ask your previous provider for your number back, you can probably at least ask and they may be sympathetic.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Bobzilla, I'll PM you back shortly 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BobRock
Dabbler

Thanks all, number not too important as it's for one of my kids and they don't have that many contacts yet. 

Bobzilla
Hooked

Hi all, just to update this thread. It's Saturday 9 and the porting is still not done (8 days, 5 working days). There is still no information on what is going wrong or when it might be resolved. I'm seriously regretting choosing plusnet.

chelsea1

Experienced a similar delay - was an issue at Pn’s end
Bobzilla
Hooked

Hi Chelsea1, I'm still not ported today (Wednesday 21 September), and the problem has been escalated to an executive case handler because they can't figure out (still!) what on Earth is going on. To be fair to Plusnet, it looks like the problem may not be with them, but could actually be with EE. What turned out to be the problem for you in the end (assuming it's sorted)?

chelsea1

They didn’t let me know and at that point I didn’t care! Sorry I can’t be of more help - all I know is it took forever to port over, and my number was used for 2 factor with for my work computer so for a while I wasn’t even able to log into work because of it. Not great.