Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting-No worky

FIXED
herusix
Hooked

Number Porting-No worky

So trying to port my Number across to Plusnet, started the process by doing the PORT text last Thurs 13/9 followed all the points and text replies and so far so good, Text YES to confirm at the end and then nothing.

No confirmation that the number will be ported or anything.

Thought I would try an re intiate the Porting process today(19/9)  so sent the PORT text again only to receive the following reply 'Sorry we're not able to.........blah blah blah'.

Now from reading through others with similar issues It seems this simple process is a common problem.. WHY

I'm also in the process of moving my broadband and phone across to Plusnet but again that seems to have stalled and wondering if I should even bother as neither process has run smoothly or without issue yet.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Number Porting-No worky

Fix
Sorry to hear you’re having issues moving your broadband, phone and mobile to us.

If you can send me a private message with your mobile account number, mobile number we gave you, the one you’re trying to port in along with your PAC code, I’ll be happy to look into this for you when I’m back in the office tomorrow.

It may be worth also confirming to me via PM when you got the PAC from your existing mobile provider just to make sure it’s not near its expiry as they only last for 30 days and may cause issues if it expires mid-port.

Fairly sure I’ll be able to find your phone/broadband account from the details in your forum profile but feel free to include your username too just in case.

Thanks.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
herusix
Hooked

Re: Number Porting-No worky

Hi Gandalf 

Thanks for picking this up, I have PM'd you with some details.