Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Spain

FIXED
Grumps001
Hooked

Re: No signal in Spain

Like a lot of people here I also have not had a signal/data rooming via my PlusNet sim in the Almeria area of Spain. I have spoken with them twice over the last 2 weeks and the same thing 'there is an issue all over Spain not just for PlusNet users' obviously this was a lie. Asked if they would be refunding for the the time I have not had the service and was told this will be resolved/looked at once the service is back up. As I pay by credit card I will be notifying the card company that PlusNet are not providing the full service I signed up for. I have a dual sim phone and there has been no issues over the last 4 years travelling back and forth to the UK.  I have not had an email from them that the service was being reduced or they are trying to resolve it. I did manage to connect via YOUIGO on the 4th Aug for a short period, sitting in my car (parked up) I made a call....worked fine....asked the caller to phone me back to check the connection worked both ways and it worked.....2 minutes later still sat in the car I made another call to the UK...nothing...no signal on YOUIGO, it had disappeared from the network list....and I had not moved. We are not allowed/banned from connecting to the other networks listed. SO COME ON PLUSNET THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM NOT SPAIN'S NETWORK. Advise your customers that you have a poor EU service so they can make the move to another provider instead of keeping us waiting while we keep giving you our money. When next in the UK I will be changing providers.

ray999
Dabbler

Well said, eighteen days for me so far with no service.
paullowin
Grafter

This is interesting. I talked to a guy last night who works for Movistar. He said they know about the plusnet issue as do other networks but the problem is with Plusnet.

He also said he thinks they have no intention of fixing it.

ray999
Dabbler

Well 19 days now with no service and no information from Plusnet.

One poster asked why I thought it was Plusnet's fault and what did I expect from a budget service! I didn't sign up to a budget service, Plusnet's advertising includes the phrase "We'll Do You Proud" and "Top Class Coverage ", hardly the words of a budget service.
I flew to Spain with a so called budget airline but it provided a service as advertised, the aircraft took off on time and most importantly it landed on it's wheels, there were no frills but I didn't expect any.
Plusnet also make a claim of "being proud to be in partnership with EE" unfortunately not when the customer is in Spain and then it's Yoigo.
Plusnet did say they would reimburse my additional costs but have not heard a thing apart from sending me my monthly bill!
I suppose the only satisfaction I will get when I get back to the UK is to tell Plusnet where to stick their two mobile phone accounts and broadband account which seems a shame after being a customer for over fifteen years.
Grumps001
Hooked

Weird... not sure if this is a one off but yesterday PM and today I seem to have a signal that seems to be holding and can make outgoing calls and have had text messages in, I am at home (Spain) and not out and about until tomorrow so will try making calls and check on data rooming tomorrow and will advise here.....Big Bother must have been listening or reading this forum and will probably cut me off thinking I have had to much of a good connection for 24hrs .

ray999
Dabbler

Keep posting Grumps and you too can reach my fantastic classification of "Hooked" lol
paullowin
Grafter

No staff replies in the thread. Funny that.

ray999
Dabbler

Yes, very strange. If it wasn't for Covid there would be many thousands more users affected as they are holidaying in Spain.
I also got some signal today, managed to access an answerphone message from 3 Aug!
There may be light at the end of the tunnel but Plusnet are keeping quiet!
Grumps001
Hooked

2 out of 3 is a start, yesterday made a phone call....well it rang but nobody picked it up....sent 2 texts and received 3....as u can c I'm a heavy user LOL.....but no data rooming...lucky if I use 30% of any of my allowances. Only ranked as 'browsing' for the moment and certainly not hooked on PLUSNET...bring back hanging. Today still have phone and texts but no data....so if ur listening/reading PLUSNET how about replying/emailing/phoning like u said when I phoned u twice from my landline or compensate us for your poor service and lack of communication instead of taking our money each month. We all know times r tough at the moment but u r 'taking the Micky' and will lose customers the first chance they get...when they get back to the UK.

paullowin
Grafter

So finally some progress. They didn't bother to post it in this thread, but they have (quote) reconfigured the settings, and you should now be able to get data on Orange. So, a reconfiguration their end, After 3 weeks, and endless BS about how we needed to change settings on our phones etc.... The sheer incompetence staggers me TBH

I do have data on Orange, and calls on Orange Movistar and Vodafone.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @all

I'm sincerely sorry you've had some trouble with your signal while abroad and I apologise for the frustration caused.

We’ve had confirmation that the Global partner team have reconfigured the Orange Spain network so you should now be able to connect to that network and stay connected.

Thanks. 

MartinHoey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

well it looks like its maybe fixed...but after such appalling customer service while in lanzarote for 2 weeks, being fobbed off, promised call backs that never happened and just a really high level of ignorance and incompetence how many of us are looking to switch asap. 

the best deals i found were virgin, but not on the virgin website but through money saving expert and uswitch: 

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/affiliates/6-for-3gb-12mth-exclusive?awin_src=awin_mobile&buspart...

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/affiliates/8-for-8gb-12mth-exclusive?awin_src=awin_mobile&buspart...

ray999
Dabbler

Thanks for the info Martin, yes, I have a phone signal now but no data.
No information from Plusnet, only a bill for phone service and data that I couldn't access, do you know who Virgin use as a phone provider as I don't want to get in
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'm glad to see you've nearly got it sorted.

Virgin Media (or as I like to call it Branson Media) are a virtual network who use EE. Yes I did a quick Google on that. So I did cheat.

You could try using manual network selection. You'd need to enable it on your phone. It of course defaults to the "preferred network list" on the SIM. I think you can parapharse that to, "My networks perferred network list. No. More like it in their favour as the wholesale call charges are cheaper for us, but we'll still charge you the same".

MartinHoey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi ray . Virgin run on ee as well but for the 2 weeks in Lanzarote that my Plusnet wouldn't work, my wife's virgin phone worked spot on the whole time