Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Spain

Judi
Dabbler

Re: No signal in Spain

Hi

How is your phone now? I once again have nothing, no calls, no texts and no data.

The funny thing is have just changed to new plan and now get 8gb of data!! No, I am not getting anything. So very frustrating.

They say there are issues but they need to get this sorted, cannot keep paying for no service😕

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Judi, thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry that the network XFERA is not listed as an option to connect to.

I will raise this further with our Ops Team but I won't have a response until tomorrow. In the meantime, could you send over a PM with a screenshot of the available networks you're seeing, advise of the area of Spain you are currently in and also a contact number I could reach you on (if you have one).

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
paullowin
Grafter

XFERA? Ditto.

but and I can't believe I'm doing their job for them again, XFERA is actually yoigo, so I guess it's worth a try on yoigo. Meanwhile, having exhausted all the standard options in the script, support have basically said they can't help!!

MartinHoey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

When I occasionally get on yoigo I can send /receive texts but no data or calls in or out.

Can't understand why they can't help us out by just diverting calls to another number like my wife's virgin phone... they only need to change the Voicemail number on my account but won't do it
paullowin
Grafter

Because they don't care. Interestingly, when I asked for a porting code (online, easy) I immediately got an email trying to get me to stay. Sales is all they care about.

Worth noting however, that the email offered "special deals" only available to me (yeah right!) one of which was 3gb data, unlimited minutes and texts for 6 quid a month without a contract, or even more data with a contract.

ray999
Dabbler

Hi, I'm in the Lanzarote area of Spain, no phone signal or data for nine days now. Fed up of Plusnet asking me repeatedly to change settings on my phone when they know it's their problem.
They did switch off roaming and then back on, I then had a signal briefly.
Condescendingly asked me if I was enjoying my holiday! Even worse when I'm here to look after my very ill father and need to make and receive important phone calls.
At their suggestion I have paid for a PAYG SIM card but cannot use my bank accounts as they require phone authorisation.
When this debacle is over I will be changing my two phone accounts and broadband to another provider.
paullowin
Grafter

SO now customer support are literally ignoring me, no response to messages or emails!

Class action lawsuit anyone?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would advise putting your mobile into manual selection mode and turn off auto.

Then try each network which it will pick up and find one which may work.

Years since I went there (how's my brain doing?), and it may have changed there now. I believe you (used to) have Airtel and Movistar.

Cos45

Same here in Santa Ponsa Mallorca!
Problems with plusnet when out of the UK are often reported, but rarely solved! Possibly the issue in Spain is the partner they’ve chosen I.e. Yoigo, if you don’t see that as a network, your phone probably won’t work. Yoigo theoretically have arrangements in place to use other networks when they don’t have coverage, but I don’t know what happens in the real world.
I’ve only been a Plusnet customer for a short while, can’t wait to get back and MOVE!
Judi
Dabbler

Still no data, whats going on?!!

very fed up 😞

Judi
Dabbler

Now I once again do not have any signal, no calls, no texts and def no data!!

Any suggestions?😞

defeluis

Port your number to another carrier when back to the UK. I´ve been having the same issue for the past 2 weeks and no solution at all.

MartinHoey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

yep, just looking at options - virgin sim only £6 for 3gb or 8gb for £8 a month through uswitch 

ray999
Dabbler

Thanks, I will change provider as soon as I'm back in the UK but not much help now.
It appears the service has gone downhill since BT bought them out.
Cos45

Did some trials this morning with three phones. If you can’t see Yoigo in the list of available networks, I don’t think a phone with Plusnet Sim will work.
Two of the phones were always connected, the Plusnet one, only in a few areas where Yoigo exists. Trying to connect to other networks fails.
Remember, I’m in a popular tourist area in Mallorca, not in the middle of nowhere!
To my mind the ‘service?’ Is not fit for purpose, the roaming agreements which Yoigo claim to have with Movistar & Orange do not work in practice (only on Plusnet ?) Plusnet MUST know this, if I am wrong then please enlighten me!
WE WILL DO YOU !
Proud?