Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: No data connection

I already sent my mobile number to Lauren. My wife had a replacement sim and it's still not working, something is obviously very wrong with your network as I see a number of people with the same issue
positive_net
Hooked

@Gandalf I've sent you a PM with my mobile number.

disk0
Grafter

Pm'd details
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks.

I'll pick the PMs up shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: No Data Connection.

@Marty2@c1469 and @Hooley17PN

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your mobile data.

If you can PM me your mobile number I'd be happy to look into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disk0
Grafter

@Gandalf the issue is progressing and not in the right way, now I cannot even send texts....
ewsy

Ditto @disk0

The inconvenience is considerably more costly to me than the monthly tarifCry

disk0
Grafter

@ewsy - Yes I know what you mean, time to switch I think. Had service with my old provider (before BT which worked flawlessly for 10 months) for years. Even 3 is their early days were better than PN mobile
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the updates.

I'm still looking into this but i'd need a bit more time. i'll aim to get back to everyone who has PM'd me tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yellowmoon

As an earlier poster on this thread, I’ve been following with interest, as there seems to be an increasing number of people with this issue. I have exhausted Plusnet’s Tech Support suggestions, both on here and on their webchat. Their standard suggestions are changing the APN settings, powering off phone before taking SIM out and re-inserting it, and trying a new SIM.  While I am sure Tech Support are doing the best to help, if these steps don’t work, they are stuck! Plusnet Community staff pass you on to their telephone support line, who in turn (after going though everything again) refer you to your phone manufacturer.

I have found a workround, which may work for some people. It is very simple - turn on Data Roaming. You can also set the Network operator to EE UK. You get the message “Registered on network” and data works!  Admittedly it is only 3G (in my case the signal bar shows H+) but it’s a lot better than nothing. No hope of 4G of course, despite having a 4G SIM in a 4G phone. Incidentally, if you go back in and turn Data Roaming off, you immediately lose your internet again.

Why this should work I do not know, but can confirm for me at least it does consistently work and is the ONLY way I can get data on my phone. If anyone from Plusnet can explain why this works when all else fails, I’d be most interested.

perryw
Hooked

@yellowmoon that's lucky I tried the same thing, and though i dont get offered an EE option, i do get 234-32, which is EE code. However, as soon as i select that, i get no service.

So, been nearly 5 days since this started, on 2 phones. No fix yet, and the help desk went through everything, and then blamed apple. Funny that, nothing changed on my phone, and it still works on any other sim card/carrier.

@Gandalf any chance this is even being looked at, or do we, as a group of customers, just start moving away from plusnet.

If i could forward my calls to another SIM i would, but guess what, call forwarding doesnt work on plusnet. Oh, and texts have stopped too now...i can receive but not send.

This is a sham!

I do hope that when its sorted, i get a refund on my line costs.(if its sorted, ever!)

Hooley17PN
Hooked

Thanks for the response. I have tried quite few of the workarounds, unfortunately this one and others don't work. This is a brand new phone and I Sri have no data. Tried other SIM (Vodafone) in this phone and works first time. Must be a PN connection issue after Porting (from 02 in my Case). I'll give it a few more days, but gonna PAC up and go elsewhere.
Tags (1)
Hooley17PN
Hooked

Yoda
Dabbler

Could this be a complete batch run of cheap faulty sim cards?  Everyone recently experiencing problems seems to have signed up during October or early November, be interesting to see if the sim serial numbers are consecutive.... just a random thought or are there configuration issues at PN headquarters ... too many new users taking up the cheap deal for PN system to handle?  I tried all the fixes to no avail and was waiting for a new sim to arrive when suddenly he-presto 4G started working again after 5 days of down time, Sat to Wed, and (touch wood) has been up ever since. (Updated down time to 5 days as I obviously can't count in my dotage. )

northumbrian
Dabbler

Not sure how useful it is to anyone, checking my account history I can see the last day that my data worked was 15/11/18.  If you check yours perhaps we all lost it at the same time?

EDIT: Also just installed my new Sky sim, and working with 4g data with no issues, as it was with Three before coming to Plusnet.