cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G signal on either of our SIM cards for a few weeks.

PreGP
Rising Star

Re: No 4G signal on either of our SIM cards for a few weeks.

Unfortunately this seems to have made no difference. Still 3G signals only. 

TQ_uk

I have exactly this problem with my son's SIM (i.e. no 4G). Our family (of 4) are all on Plusnet SIM's so know its not a coverage issue as the 3 others are getting 4G fine.

I called Plusnet the other week, and have been sent a replacement SIM but the issue persists.

If I try and select 'plusnet 4G' in Available Networks, it hangs for a while before giving me a 'cannot register on this network' message.

My SIM in his phone = 4G ok

His SIM in my phone = no 4G

His SIM in his old Samsng S6 = no 4G

So I summise its not an issue with his phone. Comparing APN details on both our phones show up identical.

Reading through the forums I'm sceptical another replacement SIM will solve this, I believe its a 'backend' issue

@adamwalker @MatthewWheeler any ideas before I have to call customer services again?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this is ongoing for you @PreGP and @TQ_uk 

I'll be dropping you both a PM shortly with some more info I need

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PreGP
Rising Star

Have sent more examples of speed tests with locations on PM....

Lets hope you can sort this out

PreGP
Rising Star

Well 3 months later still no joy. I can only get 3G on my iphone and given the recent news that Plusnet Mobile will be closing down later this year I've decided to switch to another provider who will hopefully get me my 4G signal. I am not going with the "exclusive" EE deals as there are many much better SIM-only deals out there. Not a great customer experience with Plusnet Mobile, a company that seems to have really gone downhill in the past 12 months....