cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM can't access internet

Brownman

New SIM can't access internet

Hi, I have received a new SIM yesterday and put it into my phone. I can make calls but can't access the internet. Anyone had a similar issue or knows how to correct it?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: New SIM can't access internet

Hi there, this may assist you or you can call PN on 500 from your mobile or 0800-079-1133 for m any phone.

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

APN settings are the settings your phone uses to connect to the internet over our network. Here's how to check or change yours.

Android
Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN

Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
MMS Port: 8080
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

Tap Menu, then Save

To start your new APN, make sure the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.

Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it. That'll show your connection is working.

iPhone
Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN.

Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

For Mobile data:
APN: everywhere

For MMS:
APN: eezone
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button.

Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brownman

thank you for your reply. I am using an iphone 8, when i go into mobile data > mobile data options there isn't an option to change APN settings. It only says data roaming, voice & data, low data mode and limit IP address tracking?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi there,

Do you get any particular error when you try to browse the internet? Also if you go to Settings > General, is there a ‘Profile’ button? There may be a profile from a previous provider there, if so delete it and try browsing again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet