cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock code?

Trebor_

Network unlock code?

I got a new phone for Christmas and want to give my old phone to my daughter. But when putting her sim into my old phone it asks for the network unlock code. Which I do not know. Does anyone know the code? I need to put in so my daughter can use my old phone. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Network unlock code?

@Trebor_  Welcome to the Plusnet Community Fora.

Plusnet do not lock phones so cannot unlock them. I would guess that your phone was originally used with an EE SIM? As Plusnet piggy backs on their netork  EE locked phones work fine. I assume that your daughter wants to use one of the other networks?

If this is the case the official way to unlock the phone is to contact EE. Otherwise try  a Google search for companies who can unlock your particular phone. There is not a generic magic code, unlocking needs the phone IMEA number to generate a unique code.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Trebor_

Thanks for the reply but the phone was brand new from Samsung so was unlocked to all networks from factory. And I have only ever had my Plusnet sim in the phone. So Plusnet must have locked the phone to there network.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

@Trebor_ as @Baldrick1 says , Plusnet do not have the ability to lock phones, they can only be locked by the original supplier. Some iPhones will lock to the network of the first SIM inserted but as you say its a Samsung , its not an iPhone I guess!

Assuming its an Android phone , you might try some of the tips here https://www.slashgear.com/977197/how-to-tell-if-an-android-phone-is-carrier-unlocked/ to check if its locked.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is it definitely asking for a network unlock code?

Are you sure your daughters sim hasn't got a sim code set on it.

Or that your phone hasn't got some sim security enabled on it.