cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to the UK

Zupp

Moving to the UK

Hi,

I've lived overseas for the past 30yrs, but will be returning to Blighty in April next year, and I'm investigating all the various options re mobile etc.  I visit the UK a couple of times a year and currently swap my home SIM to an O2 PAYG SIM when I visit, which I top up £10 just before I go over, which is OK for short visits.  However, the mobile number is very unmemorable so I've ordered a couple of PAYG SIMs from other networks to see if I can luck out with something better as I believe you can't 'choose; your number from what's available.

I also want to try the other networks out when I'm next in the UK (as to coverage etc).  These are all free SIMs that you don't pay for on ordering and can do a one off top up of £5-£10.  I've looked here to order a PlusNet one, but it looks like you have to pay for a SIM, and that the PAYG is more like a SIM only 'contract' is that correct, or is there somewhere you can order a 'Free SIM'?

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Moving to the UK

I've looked here to order a PlusNet one, but it looks like you have to pay for a SIM, and that the PAYG is more like a SIM only 'contract' is that correct, or is there somewhere you can order a 'Free SIM'?

Cheers.

@Zupp Plusnet Mobile don't do a PAYG sim as such. It is, as you say, a SIM only contract. The contract, however, can be either a 'rolling' 30 day one or a 12 month one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Moving to the UK

Hi @Zupp,

Based on what you've said, it may not be what you're looking for, but we have a list of our available offers on our site, here. If you have any specific questions about what we can offer then our dedicated Mobile Sales Team would always be happy to discuss this with you further. You can reach the team on 0800 328 4688 between the hours of 8AM-1PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team