Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mobile signal

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems that ID does not need additional software - although it does need a compatible phone.

eg Samsung galaxies since s6 (or perhaps rooted and custom OS older phones which support 4g 800 band)

The ID webpage says all sorts of waffle about latest software etc (and there were issues with some android OS versions) but I've installed nothing special.

I am just using them both after simply enabling them on my s7edge - haven't even got the ID ap.

VM apparently needs a VM ap and VM broadband for it to work - not confirmed this as I dont have VM BB although OH and her daughter have VM mobile.

AHH apologies @Anonymous 

You are referring to some specific 3 super voice option rather than 'simple' volte or wifi calling it seems?

I'm not using that as far as I am aware.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RobC 

Yes I was talking about 3s 4G Super Voice I have been told its better than EE 4G 800

3 have come on leaps and bounds with new technology

Brian A

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Portishead200 wrote:
Hi.
I've had plusnet for a year or so now. Never really bothered about it but The signal where I live is dead. Recently I've started using the mobile a lot and I just get dropped call after dropped call . Can't hear people etc, won't connect . Virtually unusable in bs208ll.
Is there anything I can do to make it better with plusnet ee?

I have ordered a sky SIM but haven't opened it yet as it's not quite enough data as I want.
Anyone have any thoughts before Im forced to move to sky on O2 which I know is crystal clear?Huh
Thanks

Broadly the answer to your question is that there is nothing practical you can realistically do to significantly improve the plusnet signal short of a quality signal booster. It is what it is

I think some of the issue is that EE seem to have reduced and be reducing their none 4g signals, and Plusnet doesn't have access to the 4g 800 band that EE has/is expanding.

I also suffered all sorts of connection issues while with plusnet - issues I didnt have with EE or asda EE mvno

Unlike Plusnet (and asda) Sky mobile apparently do have wifi calling should you need it and should your phone be compatible - provided you have access to a 'landline' BB.

I have sky BB (adsl2) and my ID sim samsung s7 wifi calling and txt works fine with it.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Portishead200
Grafter

I think the issue is the tower I am picking up from is in st brides. I'm in England and it's pulling it from a tower in South Wales likely some 10 miles away for some bizar reason.
This is surely the reason the signal is junk.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Portishead200

If you are still experiencing issues with the signal after the action we took recently - could you collate 3 examples in the below format over a 48hour period and at least two hours part and send it via PM so I can get it sent off to our operations team for further investigation.

Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Error that occurred:

Thank you.

Portishead200
Grafter

Hi Maddy.
I know what's happening. My phone is connecting to south Wales instead of any towers in portishead.
Last week I dialled 999 and it put me through to south Wales police which was useless
This is why I get no signal.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Portishead200

From my knowledge, I understand emergency service calls are sometimes diverted to the next nearest emergency service line when the line capacity for calls are full.

If you can PM me the details my colleague @Mads has requested, we can raise this task to our Mobile Operations Team to investigate the issue and continue to assist you with this matter.

Once you have sent me a Private Message, please comment on this thread to notify us.

Many thanks.

japitts
Rising Star

@Portishead200 wrote:
Hi Maddy.
I know what's happening. My phone is connecting to south Wales instead of any towers in portishead.
Last week I dialled 999 and it put me through to south Wales police which was useless
This is why I get no signal.

A...ha, so you get no signal but you're able to make an outbound call, I see.

There's nothing inherently wrong with connecting to a radio site the other side of the Severn Estuary, that's perfectly normal behaviour in some borderline or mountainous areas. In northern England/Scottish borders the same thing happens, it's quite an issue across the Irish land border too.

Someone else mentioned about emergency calls being routed through the next nearest site if the serving one is congested. Actually the opposite would happen - if the serving cell is full and an emergency call is attempted, one of the existing calls would get dropped or forcibly handed over in order to free call capacity. But from reading the thread, you've just got poor local coverage so the phone is having to look further afield. It may be that a closer site has 4G coverage that's unavailable to you, but I'm not familiar with Portishead.

Portishead200
Grafter

Yes, it's quite an issue in portishead. I've made 3 or 4 emergency calls. Every time I've gone straight to south Wales police. Last week I was in the town 2 miles from home. Very strange Oddly enough, none of them have been made at home.

But here, I get connected to Wales. Must be a complete dead spot where I live