Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile service works well but need to get your act together behind the scenes

rtsg7vyi
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Mobile service works well but need to get your act together behind the scenes

I have had Plusnet broadband and more recently phone for some years and found service fine. I have over the last 4 or 5 months gone over to Plusnet mobile from EE too. The mobile service seems to work fine apart from the annoyance of not being able to text shortcode numbers if you wish. However the operation behind the scenes doesn't seem to run so smooth .

I have 2 phones on Plusnet mobile taken out a a few months apart. Both had a week or so of difficulties when attempting to number port which seems a common issue on Plusnet mobile ( haven't ported before so can say how it goes with other networks). Now a little way on I have changed plan on one of the mobiles, had all the texts to say it would change at the end of Feb. Latest bill arrived, still on original plan. Contacted customer services through chat which worked well and they were very helpful but it appears again the system has failed somewhere, as it was all there on the screen that the plan change had been submitted but it hadn't happened for reasons unknown. Has now been resubmitted for end of March so hoping it works this time. 

So come on Plusnet please get these things working better behind the scenes as I've had 3 out of 3 failures so far with changes to my mobile accounts be it the more technical job of number porting or a simple plan change.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Mobile service works well but need to get your act together behind the scenes

Hi @rtsg7vyi,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had since moving to Plusnet mobile and I'll pass on  feedback about this.

It's disappointing to hear that there were problems with the number port on both of your mobile accounts and that there have now been problems with changing your plan. All being well, this should move over correctly for the next billing date but please do let us know if there are any problems with this or if there is anything that you would like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rtsg7vyi
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Mobile service works well but need to get your act together behind the scenes

Tanks for the reply EmilyD. Hopefully it will work this time.

Regarding the number ports. The first number I ported I think ended up split as mobile data went off after a couple of days and it kept getting EE messages reporting data allowance had run out. Think this took a week and half to sort out having gone through phone settings and a sim change first. The second more recent one failed to port on the first attempt, then on the second had voice service but unable to access mobile data or send & receive texts. This was on a Friday and was fixed on the following Wednesday. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @ rtsg7vyi

I'm really sorry to read that you haven't had the best experience in coming across to ourselves.

Should you experience any further issues please feel free to give us a shout as we're more than happy to help.

Kind Regards