Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number porting issue

FIXED
tempest
Hooked

Mobile number porting issue

I am yet another statistic in what appears to be the number porting saga.

I joined plusnet on 15 April from EE and was informed everything was progressing and my existing number transfer would complete on 20 April. Needless to say, that didn't happen and after several calls to the 'ever so helpful' customer services, I too just receive the same response telling me the issue is being investigated by the back office with no indication of timescale.

Having a new plusnet number is no good to me, I can't receive calls, send texts, use the increased data allowance (which prompted the move to plusnet i hasten to add) or receive important security verification login messages for my online accounts!

My patience has worn thin with the lack of information concerning what is actually going on and if a third party is causing the problem, plusnet must apply pressure and insist on a target date for resolution. The attitude appears very casual on the part of plusnet and this is wholly unacceptable. So much so, I have now logged a formal complaint with plusnet and also registered the issue with OFCOM.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however I wish I had remained with EE where I had many years of trouble-free service, but that account is now closed. I have been advised not to try to leave plusnet whilst my number is in limbo as it may be lost forever!....I can't risk that scenario.

I empathise with everyone in the same position as myself, so lets hope the situation is corrected sooner rather than later. I will then be pursuing a claim for compensation.

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Mobile number porting issue

Fix

Hiya @tempest, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I'm really sorry that you have been affected by the porting issue and for the length of time ongoing.  Please know that this isn't the experience we want our customers to have! 

I can absolutely appreciate the problems this must be causing for you and our teams are continuing to investigate this. Work was carried overnight and we have now seen some customers be able to use the services, I'm really sorry if this is not the case for yourself and I'd like to help resolve your complaint. 

Can please just send me over a PM with your Mobile number and full name (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread).

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ruthhollick

I don't seem able to send a DM to you but I wish I could! I was supposed to have had my number ported on April 13! Please could you advise how to DM if no option shows up when I click your name?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @ruthhollick, I'm really sorry that you too are affected by  the port issues. 

We're still waiting on a further update from our teams and I'm so sorry for the problems this issue is causing you!

I believe now you have added a post, you'll be able to send over a PM Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tempest
Hooked

Hi ruth,

Im not sure how you DM or PM. Are you wishing to discuss something with me in particular?

Kind regards

tempest
Hooked

Hi Lauren,

I have followed the instructions you gave to send you a PM, however there is no grey button to the right when i click on your name?? Therefore I am unsure how to do this.

Regards.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @tempest, there's a restriction on sending PMs until you've made at least 3 posts on the forums so if you check now the button should be there. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ruthhollick

Hi Tempest, it was Lauren I was trying to DM! Sorry you're having these issues too though 🤷🏼‍
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @ruthhollick, feel free to try sending me a PM instead and I'll pick it up for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ruthhollick

Can't send a DM so here's hoping post number three switches this feature on...🤞🏻🤞🏻
ruthhollick

Seemingly not! 🤷🏼‍♀️
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I’m not in the office, but for some reason it looks like your profiles are stuck on the ‘newbie’ status even after posting as you should be able to PM after one post.

Let me look at that for you tomorrow. In the meantime, we’re absolutely aware of the impact that the porting issue’s happening to you and we’re genuinely working hard, trying to get it sorted as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bino

Any one here got issues resolved by this forum? Unlikely!!

If got resolved why the same resolution not applied to 1000s of people daily added to  failed porting list.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Bino This is a slightly difficult one to be resolved 'by the forum' - it is due to third-party problems, and is being actively progressed. Unfortunately, things like this are not a simple matter of pressing a couple of buttons.

It is still under investigation, so no, it has not been resolved - by any method.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@tempest @ruthhollick 

Could you try sending me a private message by going Here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet