cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number lost whilst being moved to EE

Riant
Hooked

Mobile number lost whilst being moved to EE

I was moved across to EE last week from Plusnet. However my number failed to port. My Plusnet sim lost all signal, so I thought it had gone through. However switching the new EE sim back in I had a text saying they have the PAC code but porting has failed and to contact them, having done so EE say it is out of their hands and to contact Plusnet. Plusnet support initially said it is a back-office issue however when I've phone back today to try and find out what is going on they are blaming Transatel and saying they are having a lot of problems. I was directed to a Transatel website to contact them directly about this issue via their online chat to help, however the website I was given doesn't exist or possibly is restricted access to staff only. 

Has anyone else had experience of this and does anyone know how I can get my number back? I'm getting desperate now as it's a number I've used for 20 years, is used for 2fa on systems, I'm in the process of sorting mortgage bits out and I have no clue on what is going on or if anyone is actually looking at the issue.

19 REPLIES 19
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

Re: Mobile number lost whilst being moved to EE

However switching the new EE sim back in I had a text saying they have the PAC code but porting has failed and to contact them, having done so EE say it is out of their hands

As far as I am aware, its the gaining providers responsibilty to sort out any porting problems.

As for Plusnet telling you to contact Transatel, that's rubbish! they won't correspond with you.

I'd start by raising an Ofcom complaint here https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring which should give you a reference. Then contact EE again, give them the reference and tell them its their responsibility to sort it out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Riant
Hooked

Thanks. EE say it is with Plusnet as the PAC didn't work. I will try again to contact both Plusnet and EE to see if they can do anything but I am going around in circles. What I find so infuriating is this is a merger of two companies, so not a change of my doing. To add insult to injury whenever I phone Plusnet the first thing is an automated message beginning 'don't worry, you won't loose your number'...  

Plustnet used to be so good for customer service but are proving to be useless now, with the staff I'm talking audibly dejected with with move and the situation they are in. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'd still start with the Ofcom form, and give the reference to both Plusnet and EE when you contact them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @Riant 

I'm really sorry to hear what's happening with your number.

I'll drop you a PM shortly with some details I'll need from you to investigate this further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Riant
Hooked

Thanks to @MatthewWheeler for the direct message that I have just replied to. Speaking to Plusnet support again on the phone Friday afternoon they've helped massively with what is happening. There has been a problem on the EE side (as @MisterW said), which EE support don't understand and when speaking to them weren't suggesting anything was wrong. However, Plusnet have talked to EE and somehow got things moving again. 

Such a shame this change is happening - whilst my initial phone call asking for help with Plusnet didn't go well they've subsequently dealt with it brilliantly, and in theory my number should be back with me tomorrow (Monday). Let's hope EE's network stays as reliable for me as it always has been, so I don't have a need to contact them. The three times so far they haven't had a clue and were just blaming Plusnet. 

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW wrote:

I'd still start with the Ofcom form, 

I have a problem with a Port from Three to RWG 

RWG are saying it's an EE problem and there are many people with the same problem with EE

Could you please give me the link ti the Ofcom form 

Thanks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@Smith7 If you are porting from THREE, how can it be an EE problem? - they are different networks.

John
Smith7
Seasoned Pro

Hi John,

That's easy RWG  ( a total rubbish company who I wished I never had anything to do with ) use EE and are blaming EE for the non port they are saying they have many non ports all EE fault and are waiting for EE to sort  

This is from RWG 

We are really sorry about the delay. There is an issue with porting the number and the file exchange from your previous provider. 

The SIM and the serial number of the network have become detached and we have asked EE to restore this via their technical team which they are working through at the moment.

We will keep you updated when this is complete and can only apologise once again.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

OK, @Smith7 , I forgot which network RWG, as a MVNO, used. Sorry for the confusion. 😀

John
Smith7
Seasoned Pro

The EE signal is excellent and that's what I wanted a back up to my Lebara ( Vodafone ) if that went off

The really big problem is RWG have no customer service to speak of  it's a total rubbish company 

It's OK if you don't have an problems if you do hard luck  😒😒😒

Riant
Hooked

RWG are probably right that it's EE causing the issue, but obviously you're their customer. It does seem that EE have been having problems, certainly in the last week, with numbers porting to them but have been keeping quiet about it. 

Incidentally I've recently got an RWG sim as a cheap small 5 year data package for our car and had to contact them to fix a connectivity problem. I got a reply to me email sent at 5pm at 9.50pm as well as the problem fixed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I assume those having problems with porting are aware of the Ofcom regulations :-

If the switch takes more than one working day or there is an abuse of the process by your provider, you are entitled to reasonable compensation from your provider. Providers must inform customers how to access this compensation and how it will be paid.

Riant
Hooked

Apparently this is automatic with EE on pay monthly contracts.  We'll see what happens on my next bill - I'm on 7 days and counting, though I'm told by Plusnet it will be today.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/keep-my-number/how-do-i-transfer-my-num....

Riant
Hooked

So after 8 days my number has finally transferred - all be it to a different EE number/sim than even EE expected. I'm fairly certain this only got resolved with the help of Plusnet support who contacted them and go things moving, nobody at EE dealing with my support calls or messages I sent had a clue what to do, all blamed Plusnet, directing me me back t them and none of them have ever followed up with me despite at least two saying they would. 

It is the end of an era with Plusnet Mobile disappearing and a real shame - no company is ever perfect but the people at Plusnet have always been helpful and followed through with their promises. Hopefully EE's network stays as reliable as it has always been, so I don't have to contact them again.

Thank you to the number of Plusnet employees that have helped me in the past week and over the years!