cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Voicemail - does it come at extra cost?

FIXED
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Mobile Voicemail - does it come at extra cost?

Reading the T+Cs it appears that calls to Voicemail cost 40p/minute even if you've inclusive minutes remaining!

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-price-guide/

What's included in my plan allowance?

Your allowance includes:

• calls to any UK mobile, UK landline and national numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03
  • standard texts to any UK mobile
  • mobile data within the UK
  • calls to numbers beginning 0800, 0808, 03, which are free of charge.

Here’s what our mobile services cost individually. So, if these services aren’t included in your plan, or you go over the amount included, this is what you’ll pay.
Out of plan charges – these are the charges when you've exceeded your monthly plan allowance
If you: It'll cost:
Make calls to standard UK landlines (01, 02, 03 numbers) £0.40 ppm (1)
Make calls to UK mobiles £0.40 ppm (1)
Use UK 4G data £1.50 (3)
Send UK texts £0.15 per UK text (2)
Additional charges - these are the charges for services that aren't included in your plan
If you: It'll cost:
Check your voicemail £0.40 ppm (1)
Use a call forwarding service £0.40 ppm (1) (4)
Send a media message (including picture messages) £0.40 per message (2)
Send a text message to UK landlines £0.15 per UK text (2)
Make calls to service numbers beginning with 084, 087, 09 and 118 £0.19 access charge, plus a service charge set by the organisation you called
Make calls to non-Geographic numbers starting 0500 £0.20 ppm (1)
Use a radio-paging service starting 076 £0.511ppm (1)
Call personal numbering services starting 070 £0.766 ppm (1)

Sorry but if calls to Voicemail are charged at 40p/min at all times then that's potentially a deal breaker for me!

11 REPLIES 11
dsloper
Hooked

Re: Mobile Voicemail - does it come at extra cost?

Came here to ask the same question. This would definitely be a deal breaker as the cost would mount up very quickly.

Can plusnet comment?

Peebles
Hooked

I'd be surprised if it's true as that would be a total deal breaker. Can someone from Plusnet confirm before I decide whether to place an order?

According to this page it's included in the plan:

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Calling your voicemail from your mobile won't cost anything extra because it's included in your plan. But if you've used all the minutes in your plan, it'll cost 40p a minute.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Hi, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Voicemail is included within your minutes and it will only charge extra if you go over your bundle. We're looking to get this reworded on the website. -Ashleigh

Ronski
Rising Star

Just install and use HulloMail, been using it for years and it's great, so much better than calling an answer phone.

wweessttoo

Is there a cost for using Hullomaill from Plusnet mobile if you have a monthly call allowance (i.e for call forwarding) ? Interested in what the cost would be to access voicemails from USA.

At the minute Virgin Mobile charge £2.50 per voicemail received (before you even listen to them) and don't support mail to text. 

Thanks

Ronski
Rising Star

Hullomail uses data, so as long as you have a free data source then no it doesn't cost anything. All the years I've used it with various operators I've never been charged for forwarding my unanswered calls to Hullomail.

wweessttoo

But on the Hullomail web site under FAQ's it states that call forwarding is necessary and there may be an operator charge for this service. Plusnet I believe charges £0.40 for call forwarding?

wweessttoo

So Ronski are using Hullomail on Plusnet mobile in the UK without a charge?

Ronski
Rising Star

No I decided to stay with Three as their Feel at Home is useful when abroad. I use Hullomail on both Three & Orange (my works phone), my wife also use Hullomail on Orange as well. I'm sure I've used it with Vodafone as well, and have never been charged.

Bare in mind it's not call forwarding in the usual sense, so normal call forwarding charges may not apply, only way to find out is to try it.

Ronski
Rising Star

@wweessttoo I've had a bit of a dig around and it looks like both Three & EE take forwarded calls from included minutes, hence why I've probably never been charged. Yet another reason to not to move my mobiles to Plusnet it would seem.

DanUK
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

For the benefit of anyone who, like I did, finds this old topic and thinks about switching to Plusnet Mobile because they think they can use Hullomail: don't.  You can't.  I did, I tried: it doesn't work.  July 2018: no dice.

You can't divert calls on busy/no answer/unavailable to any number, never mind 0330 numbers.  If you use the **61*0330xxxxxx# codes etc, they look like they're accepted, but when someone calls you and should be diverted, they're not.