Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Outage

bures
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Mobile Outage

You will find this hard to believe
In our village (CO8) we have only one provider that has a decent signal (EE/PN/BT),  because we have a mast locally which is only 3/4 mile from my property

I have been  having problems since July 16 with lack of signal, rendering on the majority of days my two mobiles and a mini-router useless
EE are aware of the situation and according to their Network Status checker they have visited the site several times.
On one instance to cut back trees fouling the antenna, but that failed to cure the problem
PN Customer Services on one call said "Oh I see you have a dead mast, no wonder you are having problems"
Because its an EE problem, PN are unable to offer any assistance

Customer Services even told me to call EE myself and lodge a complaint- WHAT !
Thats is impossible as EE wont accept any caller with a non EE number. Also my three contracts are with PN not EE

To date, I have logged 36 days with very poor or non existant service

Ie instead of 45-55 Mbs download I receive 4Mbs speed
When i sit watching TV at EE adverts, telling me it has  the most reliable service and coverage in the UK, its laughable

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Mobile Outage

Hiya @bures

I can completely understand your frustrations and I am sorry for the hassle this is causing you. 

As I mentioned in your post to us over Facebook, I am monitoring the ongoing outages and currently it is showing the mast is degraded. 

Our suppliers EE are working hard to establish how degraded it is and what work is needed to fix this. I can assure you due to the length of time, I can certainly refund you for the services you have not been able to use once resolved. 

I will keep you posted. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bures
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Sammy, Thanks for coming back to me, thats very much appreciated to hear someone is taking an interest

I sent a log (by post) this morning to Sheffield of every event since July 16th, when the service has been down

Ironic that I cancelled my PN Fibre Broadband in March due to the slow speed of around 20-25mbs to Mobile when I could get 45-50 Mbs
According to my wife that was a very bad decision !

As the loccal mast serves a popuation of around 2,000 in the community, there must be a lot of Mobile EE and BT customers also tearing their hair out

Do keep me posted

Alan

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Alan, sure and we're really sorry for the hassle in the  meantime.

The issue is still being worked on and Sammy will get back in touch when she's back on shift tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team