Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Fair Usage Policy

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Mobile Fair Usage Policy

I have Plusnet SIM only with "Unlimited" calls and texts - now on a 30 day rolling contract. (previously on 12 month contract).

Does "Unlimited" actually mean that? (I only ever use my phone within the UK and to call UK numbers and I am only talking about calls that are included within the package - not those that normally cost extra).

I thought that I had read somewhere that there was a Fair Usage Policy of a maximum of 150 calls per billing month - but I can't find where I saw that, and I can't find anything in the Ts&Cs from when I switched to the new contract recently.

I have called Customer Services to clarify - but they seem as confused as I am:

The first lady that I spoke to wasn't aware of any restrictions, but went away to clarify. When she came back, she said that the policy was a maximum of 150 calls or 500 minutes - whichever was reached first.

I went away to think about this and called back a while later:

This time a different lady said that she thought that the limit was 500 calls or 5000 minutes per month, and also went away to check. Her supervisor thought that it was 3000 minutes per month.

I was directed to the "Legal" part of the Plusnet website, but all I can see there is references to using my phone abroad, (Roam Like at Home), and reselling SIM cards.

Does anyone know definitely, and can point me towards documentation for, what the actual Fair Usage Policy is in terms of "Unlimited Calls and Texts" please?

TIA

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Mobile Fair Usage Policy

The T & C's are here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-price-guide/

The 150 calls or 500 mins you were advised refers to calls to 070 personal numbers as the extract below

For any mobile call plan or bolt-on including 500 or more inclusive minutes that includes calls to 070 personal numbering services, you shall not make more than 150 calls or 500 minutes (whichever is reached first) a month. If you exceed this limit, we have the right to charge you for further calls made, suspend and/or terminate your service in accordance with our terms and conditions.

Your unlimited call allowance refers to

calls to any UK mobiles, 070 personal numbering services, UK landlines and national numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 when in the UK

subject to the limitation on 070 calls above

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@MisterW 

Thanks for the reply.

I only see that reference under "What Are Bolt-Ons" via that link - a strange place to put it?

So to clarify: is there no limit to either the number of calls or total call durations to any standard 01, 02, 03 and UK mobile numbers, when dialled from the UK, with an "Unlimited Calls and Texts" plan?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Mr_Paul its under 'What's included in my plan allowance'

So to clarify: is there no limit to either the number of calls or total call durations to any standard 01, 02, 03 and UK mobile numbers, when dialled from the UK, with an "Unlimited Calls and Texts" plan?

That's my understanding but obviously I can't give a definitive PlusNet formal response as I'm not staff

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Isn't there a 60 minute limit per call before being charged?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

There is on Home Phone.  I can't recall ever hearing about one on Mobile though.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I think you're right @pjmarsh.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro

@MisterW 

"I can't give a definitive PlusNet formal response as I'm not staff"

I don't think that being a staff member would actually help - they don't seem to know for sure either!

If the staff did know the answer for certain, then I wouldn't have needed to post on here!  😀

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

🙄