Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, replacement still not activated a week later

FIXED
Mkalsi94
Hooked

Lost phone, replacement still not activated a week later

Hi,

I’ve been with Plusnet for just under a year, and had no issues until this past week, where I lost my phone and still have not had my replacement sim correctly activated.

I lost my phone last Sunday (8 days ago), and reported it to Plusnet the following day, once I was certain that it was missing. The person I talked to seemed helpful, and let me know that he’d sent through a replacement sim, which at worst should take 2 days to arrive - so Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, and I hadn’t received the sim, so I rang Plusnet up again, who determined that the best course of action was to send another sim. It took a while to ascertain from the person though that they’d sent the initial sim to the incorrect address.

So, I went to said incorrect address and picked up the first SIM card, and rang up Plusnet to activate this SIM card, now being Thursday. The person I talked to indicated that there was some issue with the system, where the sim’s ID was being picked up by one system and not fully on the other. Whilst he was apologetic, and offered me some (very minimal) compensation for the ‘inconvenience’, he announced that it would take up to 5 working days to resolve and there was nothing I could do about it.

The following day (Friday), the second SIM card came through, so I thought maybe this would perhaps work instead; so I phoned Plusnet again to see if they could instead activate the 2nd sim - literally anything to get a working phone, after not having anything since Sunday. The person I talked to said the issue still persisted, and there was nothing that could be done - the issue was referred to a different department that was looking to manually update it.

Today (Monday), I rang Plusnet again as they had not contacted me since Friday. The woman I talked to highlighted the issues again, but indicated that her system flagged an issue raised on Friday with the account in activating the sim, and had since not been raised or actioned since. She then asked if I wanted it to be raised.....implying that if I had not called, nothing would have happened and I would not have even been contacted. In raising the issue, she then indicated that it could take a further 5 working days (although could be within 2 days) - not that that offers much guarantee given the company’s handling of the situation so far.

Thereafter I requested my PAC code, so that I could change network, as I had had enough of Plusnet’s incompetence with the issue - with no guarantees on when the issue would be resolved, or the extent of compensation for the significant inconvenience. Having been transferred to another department (believe the sales team), I went through the full process of security, issues outstanding and requirement of a PAC Code, and it wasn’t until the very end that the man I talked to indicated that Plusnet were not able to provide a PAC code because of the issues they have on the system with my Sim.

This leaves me with an impossible situation, where I’m required to wait on Plusnet sorting out the issue, which has left me without a phone for over a week! The lack of correspondence is astounding, and I have virtually no faith in the ability of Plusnet to deal with the situation in a quick and efficient manner. The company don’t seem to comprehend the situation I am in without a phone, which I use every day for work in addition to  personal use.

Have no clue how to proceed without just persistent daily calls to the Plusnet team, in the hope that they resolve my issue - which has cost me endless time and calls on their 0800 number. Any help would be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lost phone, replacement still not activated a week later

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and difficulties that you've had dealing with us for this issue. 

I'd like to take a look into this for you and make sure we're doing everything we can as quickly as we can to get it resolved. 

Can you please send me a PM with your mobile number?

It would be worth replying back to this thread once you've sent the message. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mkalsi94
Hooked

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your response. I’ve just sent you a PM
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Thanks for the PM, I've just checked your account and I can see that the change over between the old SIM and the new one has been processed today, that means it should be resolved within the next 24 hours.  - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mkalsi94
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thanks for following this up, my sim seems to have now been activated and working as expected.

Due to the significant inconvenience and poor service for the past week, I feel I'm due some form of compensation - is this something you can arrange?

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Mkalsi94, Adams currently not in the office so I can't view the account due to the details been in a PM. Would you be able to send over your account info via PM and I can look into getting that compensation arranged.

Mkalsi94
Hooked

Thanks Mads, I've just sent you a PM

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great, I have just replied @Mkalsi94. Let me know on here once you've replied so I can get that sorted for you.

Mkalsi94
Hooked

Great, I've just replied. Thanks Mads

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, that's all sorted for you now.