Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet any better than the rest?

FIXED
Tigertone2000
Fixes: 1

Is Plusnet any better than the rest?

I've been with Plusnet for a few years after a pretty awful period with TalkTalk - I moved because at the time I perceived Plusnet to be better in terms of customer service but after a recent problem I really am wondering whether that's still the case: It took 8 days and 4 phone calls to get a voicemail account unlocked - surely a simple enough request? During 2 of my calls I was promised a call back but neither happened. I eventually asked for a complaint to be raised over the time taken but the person who recorded it chose to ignore this and simply stated I was unhappy about not being called back! To add insult to injury the subsequent email 'resolving' my complaint stated 'Id been sent my new SIM' and the problem was resolved - so not only ignoring my
complaint but also introducing something completely spurious! All this has left me feeling that Plusnet are now no better than anyone else and means that when I come to renew contracts I'll have no loyalty to Plusnet at all and will view all providers as being no better or worse than any other. So, well done Plusnet, one more previously-loyal customer disillusioned!
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Is Plusnet any better than the rest?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Mobile

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I guess that there's a bit of luck of the draw with all ISPs. If everything is set up and working then everyone is satisfied with rhe service. You can only judge a company when things go wrong.

I have received wrong advice from many customer agents over the years, ranging from my bank to what is considered by many to be a high quality supplier. It comes down to the individual who answers your call and how well they respond.

What I have found is that problems raised on this forum get a response from a Plusnet competent staffer. If they try to sidestep the issue or give an incorrect answer here there are knowledgeable fellow customers who will chip in and get things back on track.

Consequently my advice is to describe your problem on this forum from the start and the chances are it will get a satisfactory response.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tigertone2000

Thanks for your reply, your third sentence really sums up my issue - you can indeed only judge a company when things go wrong as it's how they deal with it that counts. In my case, Plusnet took 8 days to reset my acccount PIN and I think that's pretty poor (it would have taken even longer if I hadn't badgered them). To promise call backs (twice) that didn't happen just made things worse and then to cap it all, they then chose to ignore the main point of my complaint (the time taken) and instead focus on a minor issue - all in all, a very poor response. I know it's only a minor, petty incident but multiply that across the entire customer base and before long a previously excellent reputation starts to look distinctly shabby and customer loyalty dissipates - in my case, contract renewal time will no longer be the foregone conclusion that it had been.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Tigertone2000, I am really sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had here and the failed callbacks.

If you could please send over a PM with the following, we can progress with security and look at a gesture of goodwill as a way of apology as well as ensure any relevant feedback gets passed on to help us do better in future:

- The mobile number in question

- Your full name
- Your full address including postcode
- Are you the account holder?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tigertone2000

Hi Lauren, as requested, I've sent you a PM with the relevant details plus a summary of what happened and when. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I appreciate your time on the phone @Tigertone2000.

If you have any further queries at all, please just get back to me.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tigertone2000

Fix

Well, it appears that PlusNet may be better than the rest after all (cue sounds of me eating humble pie...)!

After I posted on here, Lauren B form PlusNet looked into my complaint, apologised on PlusNet's behalf and even made a small financial gesture as compensation so I'm happy to report that in my opinion, PlusNet are better than Talktalk after all!

Thanks, Lauren for dealing with my complaint

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you @Tigertone2000 Smiley I'm really glad that your mind has been changed, I'm just really sorry for the experience you had in the first place! We really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again Smiley

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team