cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add funds for extras (smart cap)?

Silverglades

How to add funds for extras (smart cap)?

Hi,
I’m new to Plusnet Mobile on a 30-day sim-only.
I’ve set a smart cap but I can’t see how to add funds to my account (as I had to with my previous provider). I thought they might just take it from my bank but I’ve just tried to send a charged-for TV text and it won’t go through.
Yet I can’t see any way to add funds to the account for these extras on the app either.
Please help
5 REPLIES 5
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: How to add funds for extras (smart cap)?

Hi Welcome to the Forum,

If you trying to sent a short text ie 5 numbers text  PN don't allow them there are many posts on here about it

You can receive them but not reply 

If you use your smart cap the money is added to and taken with your next bill 

Silverglades

However, I’m pretty astounded to hear a provider doesn’t support TV competition texts. They’re also used for small charity donations so Plusnet really shouldn’t be stopping our rights to use these. Had I known this (or even thought it possible) I would not have chosen Plusnet.
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Totally agree

The strange thing is that you can get a PAC code using a short code

There are other things PN don't do which people thought they would receive as advertising says we use EE  WiFi calling is one 

And PN don't have access to all EE bands  

Silverglades

Agree.

I would move again next month, if it weren’t for the prospect of PN being moved to EE but at special rates, within the next few months.

I am surprised because I know many people who’ve been happy with PN wifi and at cheaper rates than BT.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"I am surprised because I know many people who’ve been happy with PN wifi and at cheaper rates than BT."

Not necessarily. I used BT Mobile and their exising broadband/fibre customers' rates were better. I only left because I don't like a 12 months or more minimum tie in.

I have been with BT for Fibre now nearly 5 years and my "new customer" price was cheaper too. How do I know? I left PN to transfer there. I am presently paying just over £5/month for 55/20 fibre with line rental paid upfront, equivalent to £18.99/month.

The times I have needed customer service it's been good too.

Don't believe all you see, read and hear.