cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Duplicate Contract

FIXED
Rekha

Cancel Duplicate Contract

I ordered yesterday and today I have received two separate emails with two separate order numbers. I only wanted one contract

Could somebody please do the needful

Rekha

10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Cancel Duplicate Contract

Moderator's note:

Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gwforbes
Grafter

Why?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I'm struggling to find your account from the details in your forum profile.

Mind sending me a PM with your username?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rekha

@Gandalf I have pm'd you the details of my account and the issue (which is more troublesome!) is that my old number has not been ported. I requested the port via phone call to your team on Friday 01 December and today is the fifth working day. When I call the customer services I have been told it has been "escalated", nobody tells me what is going on what to expect. I am thinking of going to ofcom for complaint regarding the number porting.

Ofcom published this statement in 2011:
(https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2011/changes-to-european-telecoms-l...)

"The new regulations require mobile providers to port customers' mobile phone numbers to a new provider within one working day.

Ofcom implemented this on 11 April 2011 for individual mobile numbers and it is now extended to other customers, such as businesses, who want to port a large number of mobile numbers at one time."

"Providers will also have to pay reasonable compensation to customers should they not port the number within one working day, or if there is an abuse of the porting process."

Fixed lines allow additional time to make sure it's a genuine request for porting - avoiding "slamming" - but this does NOTapply to mobile numbers.

Rekha

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the PM. However, I've just realised this is a mobile issue, and I'm not part of the mobile team I'm afraid.

@RebekaPreston or @MichaelWilliams should be able to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to the Mobile board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Rekha

Anyone from the mobile board want to look into it?

@Gandalf - Could you forward the PM back to me please. I am suspecting that "IF" somebody takes this up they would need more details of my account.

@RebekaPreston or @MichaelWilliams - Let me know if you want to take on this challenge.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Fix

Hi Rekha.

Sorry to hear there's been an issue during signup, but don't worry: this is an easy fix Smiley

If you could give our Cancellations team a call on 0800 0791133 (or 500 from one of your Plusnet SIMs) and select option 2, they'll be able to cancel one account down and get a refund processed for you.

Please let me know if there's anything further I could do for you!

Rekha

Finally after 5 working days my number has ported through! Cancellations have cancelled the duplicated contract also.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very glad to hear things have been sorted for you now, Rekha.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do for you from here - as it's a new account, you may want to adjust your Smart Cap or set up Bundle Notifications, for instance.