cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Mobile Coverage Check 'miss sell'

Os4us

Another Mobile Coverage Check 'miss sell'

Near where I live a new EE mast currently went live and as I am a Plusnet broadband customer decide to check coverage for my postcode to see if transferring to them. The coverage checker on Plusnet site indicated that outdoors I would get good coverage (almost everywhere in my village) but indoors was should get. The latter is understood, however the reported coverage for outdoors was a lie. I have walked all around my village and not one area get so much as a single bar of connection. As the network checker is essentially the main selling tool for mobiles then this is a case of misrepresentation and Plusnet should look into this and correct the coverage map accordingly. My post code is KW1[Removed]. (PS phone is iPhone X)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information (latter half of Post Code) removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
2 REPLIES 2
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Another Mobile Coverage Check 'miss sell'

Welcome to the Forum,

I find this quite useful as you can put your address in

It's also useful to see what signals other provider are giving     🤔🤔🤔

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage

Os4us

Re: Another Mobile Coverage Check 'miss sell'

Thank you - I had already seen that site but as they really get their info from the providers it is still inaccurate - even more so in some case (o2 in particular). There absolutely now mobile reception around the post code outside and buildings.