cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days of no service after porting issue

Jeff09
Hooked

14 days of no service after porting issue

On Wednesday 13th April my daughter was meant to transfer her account from EE to Plusnet after securing her PUC number and receiving her new Plusnet SIM card.    The transfer didn’t work and she was left with a temporary new Plusnet phone number with no access to her WhatApps account or texts via Plusnet but they did work when connected to wifi.   Despite daily phone calls she was told there was a continuing problem but was offered no fix date and that it was affecting lots of people, as though that was meant to make her feel better.

On Friday 22nd April after threatening to cancel her new account she was sent another SIM card containing her correct ex EE mobile number, which arrived Saturday and was told to just ring up to activated it.     Again the activation did not work either with the new SIM card showing no network connection.  

My daughter is vulnerable, drives alone at night and is Type 1 diabetic, her phone is required for medical emergencies, banking and security ID confirmations yet no one can do anything except log the fault, which is reported daily, as no one is prepared to take ownership of the problem. 

She only signed up to Plusnet on my recommendation so I feel terrible that I have put her in this position.    What sort of company is Plusnet that after 14 days no one has a clue how to get either of her Plusnet SIM cards to work on its correct number?

I need a solution today. Please tell me what to do and who to contact.  I have her EE phone number, her temporary phone number and her security answers.

6 REPLIES 6
thelank2000
Dabbler

Re: 14 days of no service after porting issue

@Jeff09 have you had any luck?

Is there any light at the end of this tunnel!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @Jeff09, thank you for getting in touch on our forums. 

I'm so sorry that your daughter's SIM has been impacted by the ongoing port issue and for the impact this has had. I can absolutely understand the importance of her needing a working SIM. 

Our teams have been working hard in the background to get this issue resolved and I'm sorry for the time that has taken so far. Work has been carried out and our teams are now in a position to manually complete the any ports that are still impacted.

Though won't be able to discuss the account itself with you unless a named nominee, if you can please send me the following information in a private message via Twitter or Facebook (or if possible get your daughter to contact us directly) I'll do what I can to help get this progressed for you:

- The ported number

- The temporary number we provided

- The SIM card number (this is the long number found on the back of the SIM)

- Full name

- A link to this thread

Many thanks!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Jeff09, just further to my message above. In the PM on either Facebook/ Twiiter, can you/ your daughter please also mention your forum username and also pop a message on this thread when done so I can get it picked up for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
max4186

I'm having the same issue, and have messaged you on Facebook. @LaurenB 

Jeff09
Hooked

No, 21 days now and no service

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Jeff09, I can see you have sent a further PM. Adam will pick this up and respond to you shortly. I'm so sorry that the SIM is still experiencing issues. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team