cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

slimgym
Dabbler

Re: Wifi call on Plusnet Mobile ?

You can also make calls and send SMS-type texts when in flight mode (with wifi on)

IMG_0108.PNGIMG_0109.PNG

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, your right, I also do not see the WiFiCall message near the clock. All quite strange as the Plusnet SIM does allow the wifi calling option to be controlled Shocked

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

@slimgym wrote:

You can also make calls and send SMS-type texts when in flight mode (with wifi on)

That's Naughty Cheesy Mine does kill everything in Flightmode though. I see your carrier is showing EE, is that a Plusnet SIM?

shaunfriend
Dabbler

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Yes, your right, I also do not see the WiFiCall message near the clock. All quite strange as the Plusnet SIM does allow the wifi calling option to be controlled Shocked

If your phone was previously on EE or purchased directly from Apple the WiFi calling options will be available but just won’t work on Plusnet. Just checked mine and the situation hasn’t changed.

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

My phone was originally Vodafone which had WiFi calling options, then BT Mobile which did not have the option and currently Plusnet where the option has returned. All very confusing!

slimgym
Dabbler

I flight mode it at home because we have no cellular at all which saps the battery. Unfortunately no not PlusNet SIM - is an EE contract SIM. I couldn't move to a network that didn't offer it because of the no cellular at home but I totally understand why PN don't offer it as an option.

sawsa

Please introduce wi-fi calling as soon as you can. Thanks.

sheffpete
Rising Star

Or maybe a signal boost box option, similar to the one EE use Huh

cpr7

This would be great.

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

@shaunfriend wrote:

If your phone was previously on EE or purchased directly from Apple the WiFi calling options will be available but just won’t work on Plusnet. Just checked mine and the situation hasn’t changed.

Same here. We have 3 x iPhone 6S that were all originally bought under contract from EE so the functionality is available in the phone, just not supported by Plusnet Mobile.

BT Mobile have just announced that both Wi-Fi and 4G calling are now available on their service, even for SIM only:

We are delighted to announce that Wi-Fi Calling is now available on BT Mobile, so you'll never miss a moment.

With Wi-Fi Calling from BT Mobile you can now call and text over wi-fi in the UK. It means you can make and receive calls in even more places. If there's no signal your phone can use wi-fi to keep you connected to the mobile network. You don't need to download any app. Wi-Fi Calling works in the background - just use your phone as normal.

It's available to anyone with BT Mobile - whether you've got SIM only, a Family SIM or a BT Mobile phone plan. You'll just need a compatible device with the latest software.

This is everything I need from a mobile service so I am moving to BT. 

sheffpete
Rising Star

Thanks for that detail.

We can only hope that PN follows the BT lead and offers the same facilities soon ...

shaunfriend
Dabbler

I'd be surprised if they did. BT Aren't really your typical MVNO, they own EE so I suspect they have just pulled rank and had the feature turned on.

shaunfriend
Dabbler

I'd normally agree but I can't see that the BT Sim Only plans are in any way comparable in terms of price to Plusnet. I'd be paying £7 a month more for what I currently get with Plusnet. My experience of Wifi calling on EE isn't great either to be honest.

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

@shaunfriend wrote:

I'd normally agree but I can't see that the BT Sim Only plans are in any way comparable in terms of price to Plusnet. I'd be paying £7 a month more for what I currently get with Plusnet. My experience of Wifi calling on EE isn't great either to be honest.

It's all about personal requirements and perspective though isn't it?

I will be paying £4 a month less with BT Mobile for the same allowances, plus my experience with WiFi calling on EE was excellent.

Horses for courses and all that. Smiley

shaunfriend
Dabbler

It's all about personal requirements and perspective though isn't it?

I will be paying £4 a month less with BT Mobile for the same allowances, plus my experience with WiFi calling on EE was excellent.

Horses for courses and all that. Smiley

Absolutely agree. Just out of interest, which BT Mobile package will you opt for?