Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile or Three

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet Mobile or Three

Hi

Looking at a particular package an 8GB sim only 30 days rolling contract. Both Three and Plusnet offer this - however Three offer a mobile app, WiFi calling, roaming at more countries outside of EU and Wuntu offers app. I've been with Three and found them alright - always at least 3G everywhere I go.

Never been with EE network which Plusnet runs on?, I was wondering what speeds Plusnet limit 4G to 30mbps or 60mbps or something else, number porting experience (my number is imperative to keep), any speed throttling etc?

Overall trying to compare the two and hopefully make the right choice. Might go with Plusnet, no biggie if I change to Three after a few months but keeping my number is most important.

Oh p.s, Three has it for £14 per month PN £15 per month not that it matters.

Thanks

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Mobile or Three

easy answer to one part of the question

you won't have access to 4g 800MHz band on Plusnet

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Is the 800Mhz band what EE boasts about with the best 4G etc etc?

4G is quite important to me, but EE is a bit expensive for what they want IMO on a sim only plan.

Thanks NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Oldjim
Resting Legend

yes it is as if you can't get 800MHz you are stuck with 1800MHz which has much lower range

edit frequency corrected

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@DaveyH Not really what im looking for. But thanks. 

@Oldjim What about the 1800MHz band?

Oldjim
Resting Legend

typo corrected - I meant to type 1800MHz but my point still stands about lower range

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Think I will go with Three knowing I'm guaranteed 3G wherever I am in urban places and convenience of WiFi Calling and VoLTE. 

Anything like Vodafone where it is all GPRS and Edge scares me haha!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Does PN MVNO get access to 2600MHz any chnace?

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi NorthEasterner!!

Thanks for getting in touch and for expressing an interest in joining the Plusnet family Smiley

Apologies for the late reply on this, we really do appreciate your patience here!

I have confirmed with our Operations Team that we do, in fact, get access to 2600MHz Smiley

The information given by @Oldjim above is correct, and our 4G does run on the 1,800MHz band, as opposed to the 800MHz offered to EE customers directly Smiley

I hope this helps clear up a few things, please do let me know if there is any way I can assist further Smiley

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team