Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

No Mobile Data

Just put the SIM in the phone last night and it had a data signal at home.

Sitting here at work with a strong Phone Signal but the Mobile Data is "Disconnected"

If I do a search for all network operators  it shows Plusnet 3G and 4G. 3G has a coloured star next to it which I understand means "preferred" network, but it doesn't connect. Attempting to register on the Plusnet 4G leads to it hanging on "registering on Plusnet (4G)" before it failed with a message saying my SIM is not authorised to connect to the network. 

I did start the port process last night so could it be due to that?

38 REPLIES 38
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: No Mobile Data

This is almost certainly down to the porting process 

SteveA
Pro

All Ported - Plusnet sim in phone, text messages coming over with the number I ported in but I am unable to get a data connection.

SteveA
Pro

Still No data - Claims Sim not allowed to register on the network.

Not impressed ...

SteveA
Pro

@MichaelWilliams - can someone look into this for me.

SteveA
Pro

It looks like the APN settings never got set.

I've manually set them up following the details on https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for the delay in my response, 

Bramleyapple

Michael,

I'm a first time poster, so bear with me.

I have just changed to Plusnet mobile. I have ported my number. My calls and texts work correctly but not data (on a 1.5gb data plan). I can open a personal hotspot and use data on another phone but not on the iPhone SE that the sim card is in. I've phoned your call centre several times and they suggested a few things (that didn't work) and eventually told me to telephone Apple.

I can't access the APN settings (it's not there).

Can you please help (I tried to private message you but couldn't get it to work).

Thanks,

Dave

SteveA
Pro

I strangely didn't get a notification about your reply.

Yes it's all working fine now thanks

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave, you should be able to PM me now that you've made a post in public.

A 'network settings reset' should resolve this - this will erase all Wifi and data settings on your phone, and draw brand new data settings from the network. (Please be aware that this will remove any Wifi passwords and you'll have to re-enter them on your handset.)

To do this on the iPhone, please tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Let me know how you get on Smiley

RobMuir

I’m having this problem also (or my girlfriend is).

She switched over to Plusnet over a week ago. Her old number ported with a delay. Now she can’t access data without a WiFi connection. I contacted customer services, as did my girlfriend via online chat. I was told no Plusnet accounts are at our address - there are 2. Feel badly let down
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm very sorry to hear this RobMuir. Please send me a PM with some account details and I'll get everything sorted for you.

RobMuir

@MichaelWilliams I can’t seem seem to be able to send you a pm, we have tried customer services on another 2 occasions on the phone and been cut off 3 times by the online chat and still have no data or the ability to send text messages unless we have a WiFi signal. 

Not impressed at all, we have been told we have a split port as even when we do call the number is not recognised. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@RobMuir

I can’t seem seem to be able to send you a pm

Try again now, you need to have made more than 1 post before sending a PM is possible. You now have made 2 posts so you should be able to send one now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobMuir

Thanks @MisterW now appears to work. Hopefully get things sorted soon, 3 weeks without data and texts has been far from ideal