Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting new voicemail indicator wrongly

FIXED
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Keep getting new voicemail indicator wrongly

I keep getting a new voicemail indicator on my notifications panel but there is never one when I call 555.  How can I get rid of it?  I never get real voicemails as not many people call me on this phone.

7 REPLIES 7
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Keep getting new voicemail indicator wrongly

Hi IngeJones,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I would advise to call your Voicemail Service using the long number which is: 07870020555.

You can also try looking into the handset Voicemail Settings to see if any amendments can be made there.

- Rebeka 

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

I am afraid both those suggestions just take me to exactly the same place - voicemail service telling me I have no new voice messages.  I don't think I've ever had a real voicemail, since I  have so few calls that one never comes in while the phone is busy, and I always keep my phone on me so I answer straight away (just call me Billy No-mates lol).  So this spurious notification I  get when restarting the phone, and occasional other times, is completely up the creek.   Seeing as all routes just take me to the same place... is there any solution to this at all?

It's extra annoying cos it's not just wasting my time checking - it's wasting the minutes in my plan!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Do you use your Voicemail Service at all? If not, we can look into turning this off via our system to see if this will rectify the issue.

- Rebeka 

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

I have never had an actual voice message in all the time I have had a mobile phone - years!  Usually if I don't answer, people take that as a sign I am too busy to talk and text me instead.  And anyway, the missed calls show up and I can call them back. So yes please!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem IngeJonesSmiley

If you could please send me a Private Message with your details, I'll get the ball rolling.

- Rebeka 

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Fix

In case anyone is following this thread, disabling voicemail did nothing to get rid of the false voicemail notification.  So I asked Rebeka to reenable it (no point having the worst of both worlds) and then I had my husband deliberately leave me a voicemail.  I listened to it, and deleted it, but the false notification still happened.  I then had him send me another one, which I listened to then archived.  I then went into the archive, listened to it again, then used previous and next options to listen to any other archived messages (of which there were of course none) and came out of that.  The false notification disappeared and has not yet come back, so I might have found my own solution Smiley

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Inge, 

That's great news!

I'm glad this has been resolved for you now. Smiley

- Rebeka