cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up to a SIM only plan. Is it worth hanging around?

Jlee
Hooked

Just signed up to a SIM only plan. Is it worth hanging around?

Hi,

I have just signed up to a SIM only plan.

Is it worth staying at all with all the negative posts I've read so far especially about porting my number over. 

Any help in making my mind up would be helpful. 

4 REPLIES 4
Davesona
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Just signed up to a SIM only plan. Is it worth hanging around?

Almost by definition the forum is the place where customers with problems come so issues posed here are not a true reflection of service. If you look at competitors' forums they too are full of customers with service issues. I've been with Plusnet since the January double data offer. They had multiple service problems then and didn't seem geared up to manage them. That brings inevitable frustration. They seem to have resolved the data/porting problem to a large extent. Since then I've had no problems. The volume of complaints on the forum seems, with no statistical evidence to support this statement at all, to have fallen as well. What does that tell us? Nothing really. They presumably have a lower number of customers than their competitors and therefore you might reasonably expect the number of issues to be smaller unless Plusnet are really incompetent. There's no evidence for that either.  

This is not a premium mobile phone provider so maybe we shouldn't expect a premium service. My experience is that it is no better or worse than the other two virtual providers I've used. But it is cheaper. 

Loopi

My old EE SIM stopped working (as you'd expect, when the number's being ported) last Wednesday lunchtime. I put the Plusnet SIM in, but nothing happened. I patiently turned the phone off and on again a few times before contacting customer service on the online chat. Data was occasionally working but no calls or texts at all.

A new sim was sent and I went on the chat to activate it and waited the 2 hours they said it could take. Still nothing, only this time no data, either.

Since then, I've been on their online chat 6 times and still have no use of my phone as an actual phone.
They say they've checked everything (I had to collect data of my phone not working, which was sent to logistics or somewhere) and there are no problems they can see. The card doesn't work in another phone, either, so I don't see how that can be.

One of the customer service people gave me a bizarre trick to get the data working, which is something, but I am now waiting for a third sim card.

As it is at the moment, I would steer clear of Plusnet, despite the cheapness, but let's see if it's third time lucky!
Jlee
Hooked

Update: 

I called EE to get the PAC code and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I will be staying with them. 

What is the best way to tell Plusnet I will not be staying and I have just received the welcome email as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jlee

I'm sorry to hear you're looking to leave; it would be a shame to lose your custom. Within the first 14 days of your SIM card activating, we can cancel your services with immediate effect and request a refund for the upfront payment. The refund usually takes 5-10 working days to receive. In order to cancel, you'll need to inform our Disconnections Team by dialing 500 from your Plusnet SIM or 0800 0791133; which is a free call from any line and they'll ensure this is sorted for you. -Ashleigh