cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Change My Direct Debit Details?

FIXED
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

How Do I Change My Direct Debit Details?

I'm changing banks. How do I change the DD details for my mobile? There doesn't seem to be anything about it when I log into my mobile account, just a tick to say the DD is enabled. The bank will automatically switch the DD over but I remember reading a mail from someone who lost his service because the PN system didn't recognise that the switch had happened.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How Do I Change My Direct Debit Details?

Fix

@quelquod 

You’d need to call us on 0800 079 1133 as you can’t change your payment method online for a mobile service unlike for broadband due to the functionality of our systems. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that Anoush. It does seem a bit archaic especially for a tech company - you’d have supposed it could be easily done online at the least if not fully invisibly by the bank.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @quelquod Appreciate it could be a lot easier but sadly it’s a limitation of our current mobile system. We’re definitely aware things can be better.

Initiating the direct debit switching guarantee from your bank’s side will work though but from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t always update the details on our frontend system (basically your account we’d see).

This shouldn’t cause an issue with taking a payment from the new direct debit but if possible, I’d generally always recommend calling us to submit the direct debit to make sure things go through smoothly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet