Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H+ data connection

liamosullivan
Dabbler

H+ data connection

Hello all,

So I'v seen many many posts about people not getting 4G or no data at all and have tried ALL solutions I've come across. None have worked for me.

Now I do get 4G most of the time, however the places I have always had 4G (home and work) I've been getting H or H+

I was with EE previously.

Please can somebody just clear this up once and for all.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: H+ data connection

The service you get, depends on which masts you can access and different providers have their own masts. One area might be well served by an EE mast, but not so well served by an O2 one.

liamosullivan
Dabbler

Apologies but not sure how this answers my question... I have constantly had 4G from EE at home and work since I can remember.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Plusnet may use the EE network but they don't have access to the full frequency range that EE Mobile do. So your home and work maybe near a transmitter that Plusnet cannot use.

I believe it is the 800Mhz range (a 4G frequency) that Plusnet cannot use.

Remember Plusnet Mobile are a cheap MNVO and do not provide an identical service to EE. There are lots of little things that Plusnet Mobile cannot provide which EE do.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
liamosullivan
Dabbler

Well this is just wonderful.

Wish I'd of known this before moving from EE. Plusnet really should state this on their website so other people don't fall for it too.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@liamosullivan

You may have a genuine fault but the money is on the reception in your area as the only thing to change is the SIM card.

When you said you have tried all the solutions, does that include the Plusnet Mobile standard one of getting them to send out a new SIM?

Bit disappointing that no Plusnet Mobile staff have responded yet.

You might need to call the mobile staff, the details are

Plusnet Mobile customer services

• Call 500 from your Plusnet Mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any phone.

7.30am - 10pm, every day

Alternatively, you can contact us at mobile-help@plus.net

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

This sounds to me like it could be the signal in your area (this can be affected by things such as building materials), combined with the bands we use as outlined in @SpendLessTime's post. 

This being said, I certainly think a new SIM is worth a try to rule out an issue with the SIM itself - if you could drop me a message with your Plusnet mobile number I can get this sorted for you.