Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Text

FIXED
daleh43
Grafter

Group Text

hi,

Ive just bought a new huawei p20 pro and joined plusnet mobile. The problem I'm having is when I send a group text, its sending it as MMS message and not SMS, there was no pics or emoji's send just plain ol text. resulting in a 80p charge. Plusnet C.S couldnt understand it but agreed to refund the charge. Anyone else having problems like this ? I had a Samsung S7 edge and never had this problem. Don't know if its the phone or network ?

Any help would be appreciated

Dale

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Group Text

Fix

Do you not answer your own question here @daleh43. You say your Samsung didn't have the issue but the new Huawei does, implying that the answer is down to the phone. I'd check the settings if I were you as chances are this is where the answer lies.

Edit:- This of course assumes you used the Samsung on the Plusnet network. If you haven't are you able to swap the SIM for a test?

daleh43
Grafter

Hi @Anonymous

Ive looked at the settings as you suggested and you are correct. In advanced settings, group texts are set to MMS as default. Ive changed it to SMS and this has fixed the problem. I would have clicked on eventually and a huge bill later

Thanks for your help

Dale

kevdwyer
Grafter

Hi Dale,

Just to jump into the thread, I've got the S7 and I've been really pleased with the performance of the camera. The P20 Pro is reported to have an outstanding camera. Have you had a chance to compare the two phones yet? ( I'm assuming of course that 

the camera was one of the reasons that you chose the P20 Pro )

daleh43
Grafter

Hi,

Ive had Samsungs since the S3 and loved them. i did get the P20 Pro for the camera and I must say that it is awesome. Ive taken photos in nearly all situations (near pitch black to blazing sun) and every one have come out professional standard. Obviously Its taken time to get used to it, as you can tell above but I would recommend it. The only negative i can see is it doesnt have wireless charging and some dfault settings need changed compared to a Samsung.

regards

kevdwyer
Grafter

Many thanks for the feedback.

I'll keep my eye out for the best deals, no rush at the moment, I'm still very impressed with my Galaxy S7.