cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls/texts

pjex

Can't receive calls/texts

Phone can't receive any calls/texts today, outgoing for both is fine.  Have tried the obvious, restart phone (iphone SE), remove SIM and put back in and checked handset is ok by putting another SIM in it which works fine.

Any suggestions as a mobile being unable to receive is a bit of an issue?

12 REPLIES 12
lukeyna

Re: Can't receive calls/texts

Same here, did you find a fix for it?
pjex

Not yet, odd as we have 2 Plusnet mobiles and one works fine, swapped SIMs and problem follows the SIM so account not handset related.
Gazz90

Been having this problem since 11am, same problem as pjex, can send messages and calls out but can't receive messages and calls, calls go to voice mail. Tried the same obvious as pjex, reinstalled/updated the message app, tried new message apps still the same problem.

lukeyna

I spoke to customer services about half an hour ago, its an issue they are aware of and trying to fix now, no indication given about how long it will take or what the issue is.
Jason1970

My son and i are both with Plusnet, my son cant receive calls and txts as well as of yesterday, done all the basics, reset network etc..still not working 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi everybody. I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your mobile.

If anybody's still experiencing a problem, PM me your mobile number and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Leftyonline

I can't receive texts on my phone but can send them . Can't pm anyone for some reason either
Leftyonline

Managed to send a pm so that's good 🙂
Paulboblet

I still have this problem but can't seem to send a private message.
Joyce2

Hi I can't receive any calls or text
Also I can't even phone out for help as it says not registered on network
Please help [Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

debtay1

Hi, I'm still having this problem. I can make calls but anytime someone tries to call me it just cuts off without connecting, even though I have a full signal on my phone. Any update on a fix?

Paulboblet

I don't know why they haven't posted the fix, I got sorted on Friday. Go into network operator settings turn off automatic selection, select another operator such as O2 or Vodafone, this will disconnect you from Plusnet. Then select Plusnet 4g. Then all my SMS arrived and I could receive calls. Hope that works for you