cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer service...

Dabbler

Appalling customer service...

I cancelled my contract in February, gave more than 30 days notice and cancelled my DD. It was just a £6 SIM card that my daughter needed but the signal was constantly terrible....despite originally being told that coverage in her area was excellent.  So, as far as I’m concerned, me and plusnet were done and I’ve moved on to a company who’s signal genuinely is good. Nope!! They are now constantly reporting on my credit file that I’m missing payments and screwing up the excellent credit score I’ve worked hard to build up. I have called CS to sort this out, only to be told that I’d never cancelled my contract. They then told me I failed the security checks so wouldn’t talk to me further as they had a different date of birth for me and different email address. Well, they were correct at the beginning of my contract, otherwise how did I pass the credit check?? Finally got round that and I asked the person to listen to my original call to prove there is a big issue on my account with info not going in correctly or being changed. I was told that would be done and I’d get a call back. Well, 2 months later, I’m still waiting, can’t get through when I call and they are still destroying my credit score!! Over a poxy £6 SIM card! 
I have reported the incorrect info to equifax but that’s a waste of time as they don’t even fully investigate. Absolutely disgusted, the lengths this company will go to to get an extra couple of quid. 

17 REPLIES 17
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Appalling customer service...

Hi there, I'm really sorry to see this. Could you send me a private message with the mobile number and address including postcode please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I have sent a PM. Thank you

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, I've just sent you a reply.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabbler

I’ve answered

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I've removed an incorrect outstanding balance from the account so it should just close automatically now. I hope that resolves it and really sorry for any concern caused. I just tried giving you a call by the way just to confirm but didn't get through to you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabbler

Hi, thank you for that. Do you know if that will put my credit score back to normal or if it will still show the 2 missed payments?
Sorry you couldn't get through, the signal at my work is terrible from where i sit in the office.
Regards, Kim
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @71

From my understanding it will show the two missed payments still but the account will show as closed - it may take a month or so for this to show up as credit reports are generally updated once a month. 

Thanks. 

Dabbler

Hi Mads,
Thank you for your reply.
Plusnet have the ability to remove/change these 2 missed payments from the equifax report as i have been told today by equifax themselves. Now, as the previous reply states that the "incorrect balance" has now been removed, it seems highly unfair that this should be allowed to impact my score when this wasn't my mistake. It will take 6 years from the time of closure for this to come off my report. And all for a £6 sim card. All of my bills are paid on time, every time and this incorrect balance has lost me almost 100 points so it's pretty bad.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to me @71

I've emailed our credit file disputes team to see if it's possible to remove these markers, I'll be back in touch once I have a response. 

Thanks. 

Dabbler

Thank you @Mads 

The email I received from equifax says:

We may need to contact other companies on your behalf to resolve your case. This is because the information on your credit report belongs to the data provider and we cannot change it without their authorisation.

So it can definitely be changed. It’s just a matter of whether you credit file disputes team will remove it. I see no reason why they shouldn’t

Dabbler

Further to our previous correspondence, nothing has been put right on my credit file and it is now showing as 3 missed payments! On top of that, apparently it has now gone to a debt recovery agency called Pastdue credit solutions! My last private message from you @Mads was...

Hey there,  I just thought I'd update you on the response from credit dispute team: "We will mark the account as settled from 14/02/2020 the last payment date, and remove any late payment markers after this date." This should occur from the next credit file update we send out which I think should be the back-end of this month.    Thanks. 

This was supposed to have been resolved by last month and instead, it’s getting worse!
Please enlighten me as to when this is going to be dealt with correctly as it seems I’m being told one thing and the opposite is happening!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'd like to get some clarification on the process for correcting a credit file and how long that can take to go through so please bear with me and I'll speak with out operations team before getting back to you tomorrow.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabbler

Ok, thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem! Can you send me a DM with your mobile number please?

Our mobile operations team are going to raise this directly with the credit file agency. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team