cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6in4 IPv6 Tunnel natively on Technicolor TG582n

Picnic
Grafter

Re: 6in4 IPv6 Tunnel natively on Technicolor TG582n

Good to hear you're having some success with this. Could you confirm the version of firmware you're running and if you're ADSL or FTTC?
TIA
council

Hi,
So I've just received my new TG582n and I'd like to try out the instructions in this thread. It's saying the shipped firmware is 8.C.M.0. Just to be absolutely sure I don't break anything, what firmware do I need to flash to enable IPv6 which will work with an FTTC connection? USB would be a bonus if it won't break anything else but primarily it's the IPv6/FTTC combination. I'd take more of a risk if it were just me, but my partner mainly goes online through her (Android) phone so I want to minimise instability. 🙂
It's a little unclear from the back and forth in the thread which firmware is the best one to use. At least to me, I'm easily confused!
ianc1990
Grafter

Can anyone tell me how to setup a static IP on plus net?
Would really like to put the IPv6 on but I'm currently on dynamic and don't have a clue how to switch.
Thanks!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/IP_addresses_broadband.shtml#switching
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ianc1990
Grafter

Thanks Strat.
All done now but I've gotten to the part of the guide where I try and ping my IPv6 from https://mebsd.com/ipv6-ping-and-traceroute ...... and NOTHING Sad
I can ping the SixXS tunnel from thr router and also my own external IPv6 address but anyone got a clue as to why the mebsd.com website returns with timeouts?
I dont want to advertise IPv6 on my internal lan to try and access external sites as I assume it may screw things up if it doesn't work properly.
Thanks!
ianc1990
Grafter

Hmm,
I think I was being silly, I was trying to ping 'Your IPv6' rather than 'SixXS IPv6' and only noticed when I matched the IP in the first post.
Anyhow, all setup now, I CAN ping google's IPv6 address from the router but cant seem to ping the ::2 address (which should be my router?)
Think Broadband's ip checker also seems to think I'm still connected over IPv4 despite my Mac having an IPv6 address assigned by the router - I did notice however that as soon as I disable IPv4 on my MAC, I cannot browse anything at all and I'm not sure if this should be the case?
To confirm, I am also unable to get to any IPv6-only sites.
Any help?
ianc1990
Grafter

Success at last! (possibly)
I'm not home but ssh'd into my router and I noticed that despite running the 'service system ifadd name PINGv6_RESP intf 6in4tunnel ' command, the service was added but left in a disabled state!
Anyhow, I enabled the service and I can ping my router from the external site now  Cheesy
I've also made some changes to the internal routing as I messed up the subnet the first time round so ill be testing when I get home.
It may be worth adding the following command to the guide....   :service system modify name=PINGv6_RESP state=enabled
EDIT - Got home and all works now!  Big smiles!
DazWorrall

Hey folks.
I've got Fibre coming this week and have had my router delivered, so I decided to flash the firmware with the one in the OP so I can get my v6 tunnel up when the service goes live. However, whereas the original firmware said the WAN connection was PPPoE on LAN4, after flashing this one its saying PPPoA on 0/38, which is the onboard dsl modem if I'm not mistaken. What do I need to do to make it speak PPPoE on the last LAN port again?
Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The version 10.2.2.9 router software in the OP is indeed for the standard ADSL2+ configuration. I *think* the string of telnet CLI commands in Matt Turner's reply #40 in this thread should convert it to FTTC standard (but probably without USB port support).
Note that should you need to do a factory reset these commands would need to be re-applied.
David
DazWorrall

Just what I was looking for, thanks Smiley
wykehamhouse
Grafter

For reference, there is a firmware '10.2.2.B' out now.
DazWorrall

Thanks, I'll dig it up.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: ianc1990
It may be worth adding the following command to the guide....  :service system modify name=PINGv6_RESP state=enabled

Thank you! I was having the same problem as you until I followed what you did and now it works! I would definitely recommend adding that command to the guide.
mattturner
Grafter

Ok... added to the guide. I'm not sure how I missed that!
racquel
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/IP_addresses_broadband.shtml#switching

Got the router, got the firmware... got to pay a fiver  for static IP Sad
OK,I can live with that, but it would be a nice gesture if beta testing guinea pigs could get one free Smiley
The guide is a bit unclear though... it says I can switch back and forth - do I get charged a fiver if I want to go dynamic again, and then switch back, each time?
And roughly how long does static IP setup take?